SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be a little air of gloom decending over the Birmingham forum, so until we get some positive news, why don't you post some of your best shots of the city. See if you've got some new ones, the one I've posted isn't very good, see if you can do better!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I don't have a shot of it, but go into the Waterstones on New St, the one by the ramp, walk into the centre of the shop and look upwards.

It is awesome. I only noticed it the other day

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pauliewalnuts said:
I don't have a shot of it, but go into the Waterstones on New St, the one by the ramp, walk into the centre of the shop and look upwards.

It is awesome. I only noticed it the other day
That used to be the banking hall of the old Midland Bank, it is a lovely old building.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll leave it at that for now, hope to see some of your favourite shots of the city.

·
Registered
413 Posts
That looks like the view from the top of clent hills if you ever want to see a great view of birmingham and stourbridge/dudley all in one thats the place at the top!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had that picture of Birmingham with the cows in it as my desk top background for a while, it's nice and calming.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I like its contrast between urban and countryside environment. Its amazing to think how much countryside is so close to the conurbation

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Talking of the thread title.....do any of you folks have that book POSITIVELY BIRMINGHAM by Jonathan Berg published by the Birmingham Picture Library in 1994? It's fantastic and full of brilliant colour pics of the city. I picked it up for a mere £4 at a secondhand bookshop in New Mills a while ago - brand new mint condition it was too.

Some great pics here! I wish Smileyface would pop his head in more often - I miss his contributions lots.

·
lime-hating shrublet
21,805 Posts
That is a fantastic photo of Birmingham with the cows on. And no, I'm not going to quote it again, three times is enough methinks... ;)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts