SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i thought that it is an interesting topic to talk about, the Post Mail Services since most of the advanced countries have a very advanced postal services.
i do remember i was trying to give my university on the day of gradutation, my details back home so that they can keep in touch with me, and i could only think at that time, to tell the guy to send the letter to abou rafe3a market in wata el msaitbeh and he will know how to get it to my place. :bash:

anyway, i was surfing the net today, and i found this interesting paragraph, but to be honest with you , i am not sure how true is this, since i went to libanpost website and there is nothing about it, what do u think about this guys,

this is the small article i found:
Libanpost is postal coding every building in Lebanon (cities and urban zones), where every building will have its own 8 digits postal code.
The first 4 digits represent a postal zone, while the second 4 digits correspond to your area, street and building or postal box.
The postal code along with your name and full address, will ensure efficient and effective mail delivery.
Don't hesitate to call us on 01-629629 to get your new postal address!

Addressing guidelines:
Name of addressee
Building number/name, Street number/name, floor information
Sector or City, Caza, Postal code
Country

if true, it is an itneresting and very much needed step...

best regards all

·
Son of the cedars
7,958 Posts
^^ WOW , Gr8 Step , i guess we should be reading articles soon about this.

·
Registered
429 Posts
U know we have a system of digits for addressing but no one uses it ... maybe this will change that..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:banana::banana: that is true in a way, even though, i have no idea what they were saying, most probably the guy on the bike said:

"ma3eh riseleh la Mahmoud X bta3ref wein bayto"

so the barber said :

eh MAHMOUD X, eh ba3rfo marto 2im ghazi, eh abou ghazi ba3rfo, leik keef trooh, telelt bineyeh 3ala 2idak el chmel, mro2 min 3and dikenet 2im elias, w rja3 foot arba3 bineyet 3ala 2idak el yameen, fi bineyeh lawna asfar 2adeemeh, iza bitrooh w btis2al el mechanician tahet el bineyeh, houweh bidilak wein bi koon abou ghazi lyom"

funny and sad really

welcome to lebanon

·
Son of the cedars
7,958 Posts
^^ Well,i just wanna know if Phase one : Beirut is related to what u posted in the 1st post . could be ??? :dunno:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah it looks like it, i am not sure, if you go to libanpost website, there is no information about this project, so i am not sure what is going on..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
although, in old news:

Aramex to buy Liban Post
United Arab Emirates: Tuesday, August 30 - 2005 at 07:48
Dubai-listed Aramex, part of Arab International Logistics, is in the final negotiation stage for the acquisition of Lebanon's Liban Post. Aramex says it intends working with the current staff of the Lebanese postal service operator to enhance its range of services.

i thought liban post is a joint company between the government and a canadian company, walla there is nothing clear in lebanon, everything should be blur from the election to installing a new lamp post on a street. pfff what a county :bash:

·
Registered
429 Posts
^^ Nop.. Liban Post is (and i think) 100% Private company .. the government has no shares in it

·
Registered
659 Posts
i just saw that vid :) the guy is basically explaining a certain location, lebanese style lol....awwal zeroub 3al shmel fo2 mini market.....etc :p but i have NO CLUE why it's Italian!!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Is LibanPost really privately owned? This surprises me.

In the US, one of the most capitalist and privatized countries in the world, the United States Postal Service (USPS) is government owned.

Also, does anyone know when and why the Ministry of Post and Telecommunications was renamed Ministry of Telecommunications? Are they no longer involved in regulating the postal service in Lebanon?

·
Registered
429 Posts
^^ As far as i know it's completly privatized

1 - 16 of 16 Posts