SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
18,156 Posts
here's a contrast of wilmington, delaware. wilmington is a very nice city, but it has it's dangerous areas like every city in the world.

i took these three pictures from the same parking lot on walnut street.

here are some decent sized office buildings, many of which are the headquarters for regional, national, and global companies.

here is the world headquarters for mbna, the credit card company.

and literally just two blocks away is the worst neighborhood in the city, the east side. the east side has a very high concentration of drug dealing and drug trafficking, and this is where up to 50% of all shootings in the city occur. (these are just the back of the houses.)

this is about as big of a contrast as you'll find in wilmington. most neighborhoods are very nice and don't really have much crime. also, with all the big corporations located in wilmington, the big money makes its way around the area, and so everyone benefits in some way.

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
this is so much more fun when it's both contrasts in one picture

Birmingham, Alabama

i've seen this Rolls on this street more than once

vow of poverty vs. wealth

things have changed for the better

communications tower of the present vs. communications problems of the past

saved by rennovation vs. condemnation through neglect

not my current city, but my old city, Columbia, South Carolina; one-armed beggar with state capitol in the background at a downtown construction site

-

·
Third World User
405 Posts
This thread is very interesting; keep it up

I have some interesting pics that I took last year in Romania, in the city of Timisoara.

there was a street full of huge palaces like this

this Mercedes was circulating behind this !

however Timisoara is a very beautiful city.

I ll post later some contrasts of my town, Oviedo (Spain)

·
121,702 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts