Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
keep jaywalking
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daniel Libeskind's project for Poznań's investor Wechta is an 105 m height (or more) residential building situated in the city centre next to red tall building of Poznan University of Economics and near Plac Andersa (Andersa Square) where are situated three tall buildings. First part of name of project in Polish means crown. Start of build is propably 2009.

·
keep jaywalking
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is going very popular in Poland. In Gdańsk he was speeking Polish.

·
°°°°°°°°°°°°
2,873 Posts
I agree. way too overwhelming (especially in pic 1).

looks like every big polish city is trying to polish their image with star architects. I just wish it wasn't always libeskid.

·
keep jaywalking
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wechta S.A. wanted to make it 148m. Even Libeskind made two projects.

·
keep jaywalking
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks like every big polish city is trying to polish their image with star architects. I just wish it wasn't always libeskid.
Not only Libeskind projects in Poland. For example Zaha Hadid projects for Warsaw or Frank Gherry for Łódź. I am not sure but I think the first star of architecture who project in Poland was sir Norman Foster.

·
keep jaywalking
6,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
User sky_POZ made visualisation of Korona Tower and Andersia Silver on user's tresor photo.

Today Poznań looks that:

Probably in 2012 it will be something like that:

·
Registered
569 Posts
i like this tower, i think it has an interesting and prominent design. The facade desin is very interesting IMO with the diagonal window rows, its unconvential and different from typical glass facades, but still looks very modern and fitting.
This building will definetily be a great addition to Poznan's skyline, which looks very good on Boogie's pic, as well as to new residential highrises in Europe .
Its fascinating for me to see how many new highrises are being built in Poland , especially if compared to Germany, it seems that almost all major cities in Poland are getting new highrises, and many of them are residential which is even better IMO.

·
Loyola University
907 Posts
interesting design...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts