posen poznan
29K views 62 replies 45 participants last post by  Boogie 
#1 · (Edited)
START: 2009
COMPLETION: 2012
HEIGHT: 285 meters
FLOORS: 55
TOTAL AREA: 120000m²
ARCHITECT: AMA Studio - Jesus Marco Llombart.
COST: ca. 300 mln EUR

Today was a presentation of the new skyscraper in Poznan, Poland.

Poznan Forum will have 285m height (with spire, 240m to the roof), 55 floors and about 90 thousand sq meters.

Project by Spanish AMA Studio - Jesus Marco Llombart.

Investors are also from Spain: Manuel Gomez Landeira and Manuel Anon from La Coruña.

Video (in Polish):

See less See more
1 5
#14 ·
^^I hope will be not green :D
^^^^ Exactly. Poznan Forum will be located about 3.7 Km(2.3 Mi) from Old Marked Square.(straight line)

Look at the picture: red marker - Old Market, blue Poznan Forum

#21 ·
I think it's great. It's far enough away from the old city - this may become Poznan's La Defense.

Does the building have approval yet? That is WZ and PB (Pozwolenia na Budowy)?

#24 ·
The execution will make or break this design, it has the potential to look really good or not so much.

Will this officially be the tallest building in Poland?

I believe it will be for now, though of course there are those two 300m+ towers mooted in Warsaw.

Still, quite a few skylines in the making around Poland, early days yet, but promising.

#25 · (Edited)
The design isn't beautiful, but interesting...I'm not sure if i like it though, the design is too boxy IMO, though the facade structuring with the protruding elements is very interesting and certainly very different from the average facade on modern highrise buildings.
What fascinates me is how Poland is booming in terms of skyscraper construction , since they're 3 cities now that have skyscrapers over 200m U/C or approved (Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Poznan) and one more (Gdansk) has a highrise over 200m (http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=66364|Brama Wolnosci) proposed
(according to SSP/
)
p.s i found a few more renderings of this building:

#30 · (Edited)
I used my brain and I was trying to find simlar project build or planned in the other sides of the world. Tell me if Im wrong but I couldnt find anything like this tower. Unique project. For sure this tower could became to Poznan most famous landmark. I really keep the finger cross for it, to change it from the project into construction site.

The funniest is that my former home place is located almost underneath this tower. Pity that I moved out from there - you lost the daily update :)

EDIT: One thing is still strange for me. 240 m to the roof gives 4,36 per each floor. Despite the fact that it will be multifunction building its still a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.