Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Height : 139m (antenna 153m) and 128m
Floor count : 32 and 29
Construction start : 2015
Completition : 2018
Use : Office
Architect: CMC Architecs

Additional info:
In June this year the PPF company announced this project. I´m making this thread because it´s the biggest proposed project in Prague, probably in whole Czech Republic. The second is maybe Porto Háje (120m).
The location where would be the construction site, if approved is near the Chodov Shopping center and station of C-line metro Chodov and D1 motorway .
The towers should be built instead of 6-storey insurance building and nearby parking lot. The investor ain´t got any autorizations yet.

Prague towers would be the two tallest buildings in Czech republic. Nowadays it´s City tower also in Prague, but in 2 years it´ll be AZ Tower in Brno after completition.
Almost every recent project in Prague or even in Czech Rep. is being cancelled, so let´s hope this one will be not, because I think it´s a great project far away of historic center of Prague, what is the main reason of cancelling projects in most cases........

Here are some renders:

Seen from Castle ramparts:

And location:

All pics from idnes.cz

·
€ Scraping the sky €
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope so, but who knows, most of Prague citizens are against skyscrapers :eek:hno:
But PPF is realy big company, they should know hot to get things going well :)

·
Battle in Seattle.
813 Posts
I hope so, but who knows, most of Prague citizens are against skyscrapers :eek:hno:
But PPF is realy big company, they should know hot to get things going well :)

I'm really against skyscrapers, absolutely nothing. The site I know a very intimate, live, inter alia, on Klouboukova str.. Prague Eye Towers directly "fits" into the intimate sidliště adjacent to the Panel. The scope for further follow-up related and compact construction there in the future.

·
€ Scraping the sky €
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I apologize, you´re right it was in June, but a month ago they released those renders in june it was only one bad quality render....I´ll correct it ;)

·
€ Scraping the sky €
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That´s the point, this district - Chodov needs some dominant building or structure. ;)

·
€ Scraping the sky €
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes you´re right, but if it was situated elsewhere, it wouldn´t get any chance to be build because of Unesco and NIMBYs. I think the best option would be to build this somewhere at Pankrac, where the most of highrises are situated but UNESCO would not approve tall buildings like this near the historical centre. :dunno:
And your Czech is great, but this is international section, so we should use english. ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts