Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Banned
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New office building near Budějovická metro station on line C. Including 18.500 m² office area, 480 m² shopping area, 550 m² restaurant area and 298 underground parking places. http://www.trianon.cz

webcam today 18:00

·
25,632 Posts
Its quite an unlucky name to choose... From the Hungarian and Austrian point of view of course... But in a modern Europe it was pretty striking to come out with a name like that. A bit offence against the neighbours. In Serbia or Romania I accepted it, because its a routine there, but not from the Czechs...

Anyway, nice building. Matches the surroundings...

·
Banned
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its quite an unlucky name to choose... From the Hungarian and Austrian point of view of course... But in a modern Europe it was pretty striking to come out with a name like that. A bit offence against the neighbours. In Serbia or Romania I accepted it, because its a routine there, but not from the Czechs...

Anyway, nice building. Matches the surroundings...
Well, I'm quite convinced that the name was not meant as offence to anyone. Why would some developer offend someone, even whole nation? I think ordinary Czechs know only little about this topic, probably more they know about Treaty of Versailles since Austria and Germany was always important issue here. Trianon sounds quite good in Czechs, that's all. I understand if it would be in Slovakia it could be some problem though.
BTW, developer of Trianon is Hochtief-Developement (German Company), so it has nothing to do with Czechs.

·
Banned
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Banned
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We should stay at kokpit's original topic...
I agree, so IMO according to renderings, it's nice new glass commie with round tower and commie clock. :lol: :cheers:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts