SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 3045 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Praha Prague Prag Czech Republic

Some photos from Praha, capital of Czech Republic in Middle Europe.

Hotel Business (curently Hotel Kupa), Jizni Mesto

Ceska Sporitelna (Czech Savings Bank)

Corinthia Towers (former Hotel Forum)

Dum Slunecni Namesti (Sunny Square House) and in the distance Office Park, Nove Butovice

From the left - ECM (former Czech Radio) Empiria (Motokov) Hotel Corinthia (Panorama), Pankrac

View from Sporilov towards Pankrac; left - Ceska Sporitelna (Czech Savings Bank) midle - Hotel Corinthia (Panorama) ECM (former Czech Radio) Empiria (Motokov) right - residental building Pod Dalnici (Under Highway)

Hotel Olympik, Liben and in the distance Lighthouse and Kovo Palace, Holesovice

Centrotex Building

Vinice residental buildings

You can visit my internet page www.mujweb.cz/www/rijeka

·
Respect the Architect
520 Posts
yeah, :D polish translation for the hotel name fits exactly to the reality :D:D:D,but i see some potencial in that building , it just needs some refreshment.....anyways, if that's the best of modern praha (wich i don't believe) you can't compare that to the older part of the city

·
Respect the Architect
520 Posts
why don't you show buildings like palac euro? it is a great design and it was nominated to mies van der rohe award.i suppose you have a lot more of such interesting buildings.it's been 4 years since i last visited praha, and i guess a lot of new and great architecture appeared

·
Banned
29,119 Posts
old Praha looks better

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh, Hotel Kupa is not good name for hotel, Business was beter.
My photos looks old, but is almost new, expect two of them. I have no digital camera, I must scan pictures from photos, so that is the reason.
I think I am one and only man from Czech Rep, who is intrested about skyscrapers and highrisebuilding. Do you know other Czech?
I have some my photos of Prague at www.emporis.com (www.skyscrapers.com), I think

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been to Prague once. I love this city. I would really like to visit it once more this summer. Dunno I'll manage though. When I was in Prague I felt as if I had been in a magic place. Although I was young at that time and I didn't give a f*** to architectural beauty I was really amazed.
In my view, Prague is better off without skyscrapers. It's not a good place to erect high buildings.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Prague is nice, but I want a more dynamic city with more variation. Prague only offers the old town as far as I've seen. Are there any projects around Prague that will make it look more like a metropolitan? of course they cant build a skyscraper in dead center where the old architecture is, but around it would be awesome! :D I like Prague however. It's a nice city to visit.

·
insatiable
309 Posts
^^^ Have you ever been to Prague? in my opinion the city offers everything, theres something for everyones taste and thats what I really love. Its generally dynamic, maybe no skyscrapers but thats good IMO. :)

1 - 20 of 3045 Posts