SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 332 Posts

·
Un genovese a Nord-Est
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time has passed since my trip to Praha (my 3rd time there), but I never had the time to upload some pictures... but it couldn't last for long, I knew I had to show some of them to my dear friends on SSC! :)

So here is a collection of pictures I took in Praha at the end of March 2006, so they are all very recent!

Enjoy! :cheers:

Staré Město

Kampa - Malá Strana

Hradčany

·
Un genovese a Nord-Est
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Vinohrady - Žižkov

Staré Město - Nové Město

Hradčany - Petřin

·
insatiable
309 Posts
Great photos.... Prague is always amazing :drool:

The only complaint one can have about the city is that seriously now there are far too many tourists....

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
Very nice Carletto. Thanks for sharing these photos. :)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
^^^^^Prague is beautiful, been there few times. It is definately out there with Paris, Rome, Budapest, St. Petersburg. BL listen to the advice from Kokpit my friend went for a walk around the town and came back without a passport and his money. I guess try not to look like a tourist.

·
Registered
976 Posts
BL, to experinece the Prague city you should spnet at least three-four days there IMHO. To name just a few of Prague sighseeings: Karluv most, Hradčany, Malá Strana, Old town..., numerous museums and of course, great nightlife. It depends how much time you have and what are your preferences.

·
Un genovese a Nord-Est
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BL said:
what about night life? where can i taste goog beer?
Everywhere! :) Czech beer is great, and it's cheap too unless you want to drink it in Staroměstké náměstí! :D
And beware of Czech girls too... or you'll fall in love! ;)

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Carletto said:
Everywhere! :) Czech beer is great, and it's cheap too unless you want to drink it in Staroměstké náměstí! :D
And beware of Czech girls too... or you'll fall in love! ;)
THNX for tipps

·
Un genovese a Nord-Est
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There's a nice pub/restaurant close to the Museum at the high end of Václavské náměstí, just walk on the right of the museum and go up that street, walking on the left side; on the first house in front of you you should see it... I don't remember the name but it's a nice "old style" place and not too much touristic (at least in March!).
Otherwise look for pubs in the Vinohrady district, or more "fun" in Žižkov! ;) The old town and Mala Strana are more touristic and more expensive, but still rather cheap and of course very beautiful. There's a nice pub just walking along the Vltava river, pass Charles Bridge and then walk on the left (leaving the river on your right) re-entering the old town... as usual I forgot the name! :D Anyway I like that part of old town, it's a bit quieter compared to the Karlova and there around! :)

·
polished and finnished
843 Posts
Thanks for pics! Don't know if it's the best city in Europe, but definately my favourite for that title. :cheers:

·
Premium User
4,704 Posts
Prague is so cheep(and I am from Croatia, not Denmark or something like that!), specially nightlife! That is amazing for such a famous city. You can get drunk for 5 euro :)

I love Prague

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have been to Prague twice and would definitely go there again.

Easily one of the most beautiful historic cities I have ever been to.

It is my favourite historic city along with Dubrovnik.

Also, Czech women are gorgeous and their beer is excellent.

1 - 20 of 332 Posts