SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
22,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Updated to new render

Name: Premier Hotel Umhlanga
Use: Hotel

A proposal for a new 4 star hotel for the Premier Hotel Group set high above the sea on the Umhlanga Ridge allowed GAPP an opportunity to develop a concept that reflects the ocean which the hotel faces and take into consideration the city context at ground level. The building is massed so as to maximise sea views to the north and the hotel cascades in sections, evoking the roll of the waves and swells of the ocean at its feet.

·
BOFH Extraordinaire
3,891 Posts
Looks interesting... would like to see a more realistic render of the building in its surroundings tho...

·
22,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ i agree...this is the proposal render, i have asked for the final design render and more info on number of rooms...look to their other hotels in East London for design ques though

·
East Coast Massiv
16,647 Posts
Ok so my contact there moved onto some other Architectural firm and the main dude I worked with on Executive is based in the Jhb office now. So I just asked for some one random thats working on the project, they wouldnt tell me unless I was some how linked to the development :(

anyway, looks similar to my design :D

well half of it

·
22,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so this one seems to be popping back on the radar with a new design... i kinda like it

·
22,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Finally launching... based on the description of 160 sea facing rooms, i think we are in for another design change, and probably more height

New hotel for Umhlanga
Wed, 04 Dec 2013 8:41 AM

Premier Hotels and Resorts have announced plans to build a new hotel in Umhlanga, north of Durban. The new hotel will be located next to the KwaZulu-Natal Sharks Board, on Umhlanga Ridge.

The area has been identified as a rapid growth node in South Africa and is within accessible proximity to Durban’s King Shaka International Airport. Says Samuel Nassimov, the Group’s Managing Director: “This development is part of our strategy of identifying and expanding into key business nodes throughout the country. Umhlanga as a location is ideal as it allows us the opportunity to not only service the business tourism market but the leisure market too.”

The hotel will be a new-build property with approximately 160 sea facing rooms and conferencing, restaurant and spa facilities.

"The grading of Premier Hotel Umhlanga will operate in the same way as our other premium properties. In other words we will be offering a five-star service at four-star rates as part of our ongoing pledge to always offer more for less,” adds Nasimov.

http://travel.iafrica.com/accommodation/889873.html

1 - 20 of 76 Posts