South City Mall
375, Prince Anwar Shah Road, Jodhpur Park, Kolkata - 700068
- Jan 2008
- 1,000,000 sq.ft.
- 6,25,000 sq.ft.
Since its Opening in January 2008, this Mall has ushered in an unparalleled phenomenon in this part of India, and redefined shopping and retail experience in the city, albeit the whole of East India, to a whole new level. Widely hailed as the "Most Popular Mall" of Kolkata, this mall has several distinctions and achievements over the years as follows.............
- Among the Top 10 largest malls of India
- Recipient of several awards, IMAGES Retail, Credai India, as the Best Shopping Mall of East India
- Among the Top 10 Malls in India in terms of Footfalls
- Among the Top 10 malls in India among Sales and Revenue Generation
- Largest Shoppers Stop (83K sq.ft.) and Spencers (71K sq,ft,) Outlet and The Second Largest Pantaloons (72K sq.ft.) Outlet in India.
After 9 years of Unparalleled popularity and fame, in Feb 2017, the Mall decided to close down for Renovations, Redesigning and Restructuring. What was initially hailed as 4 months, took an year of Closure. During this time, Only a few Anchor and Vanilla stores in the Ground Floor and Basement were functional.
COME JANUARY 2018, AND SOUTH CITY MALL REOPENS....IN A NEW AVATAR...ON ITS 10TH ANNIVERSARY
The Mall as it was earlier...(numerous pics and references can be found in the "Kolkata Malls...thread")