Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Real Estate Broker
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Jurmala Summer 2009

Lived in Jurmala for 1,5 mounth and i had nothing to do, so i decided to go on a photo hunt on jurmala's Private Mansions. :)

In this thread you can post rich peoples or celebrity Mansions of your country!

If this thread already exist please put this in there !

U/C

Enjoy ! :cheers:

·
Registered
5,198 Posts

Have heard that this is property of very renovned (in Russia) Russian showbusiness star - but am not 100% sure. Located on Kapu Street (Kāpu iela). Several houses there have tasteless, very ornate wooden portals - it seems, made by the one and the same masters.
Nowadays it seems like a summit of Postmodern tastelesness, but in future these will be monuments of achitecture - for sure.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts

Have heard that this is property of very renovned (in Russia) Russian showbusiness star - but am not 100% sure. Located on Kapu Street (Kāpu iela). Several houses there have tasteless, very ornate wooden portals - it seems, made by the one and the same masters.
Nowadays it seems like a summit of Postmodern tastelesness, but in future these will be monuments of achitecture - for sure.
When you say future, do you mean year 3000 AD? I don't see how a building that clearly is a copy of older buildings can be a monument of architecture..

·
Scandi-friendly
7,733 Posts
Yeesh... There are quite different trends stirring in the Latvian single-house architecture, than back here:nuts: Very America colides with a carriage filled with ornaments.:)

·
Stockholm
190 Posts
Sorry, but most of those buildings look horrible. Like that secluded Disney town in the United States. No personal taste, no trace of humour or empathy, and no connection to contemporary life.

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Don't worry, there are enough mansions with good contemporary architecture.
But these ones shown here are a lot more interesting. Have no doubt that these will be monuments of architecture somewhere around 2060. Would it be much better if we would have only perfect "contemporary" architecture (in fact just the same cheaply designed/built and expensively sold old Functionalism repeated repeated repeated for some 80 years already)?
Postmodern style certainly has got its own soul, meaning and role. Even if we are fed up with it - next generation will love it.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
These houses looks good to my eyes. There are much uglier posh mansions seen here.

Neznajka, in which area did you take these photos? I have explored area around Jomas street, Dubulti and some other places, but I didn't recognize single one of them, so I have inspiration now to explore Jurmala much more.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Jurmala Summer 2009

In this thread you can post rich peoples or celebrity Mansions of your country!
In Norway celebrities and rich people more or less live like common people. But there are of course some exceptions. One of Norway's richest Stein Erik Hagen lives in this castle outside the city of Larvik

One of the most expensive private properties in Norway is Munkkebakken outside Oslo. Price is 30-35 mill €

·
mumbling imprecations
1,448 Posts
Ah, the homes of the rich and famous! :cool:

Gati, I remember you drove me along one of the main drags of Jurmala. :wave: :lovethem: I don't remember any specific homes among the places you show here, Nneznajka, and maybe we took another route, but you do give a fine impression of much of Jurmala: MY HOME IS MY CASTLE!!! Some of these home-castles are elegant villas, revival style, others are over the edge tacky, and some are wayyyy out there! :nuts: It's a fascinating mix, there's something to please everybody (provided your bank account is big enough of course ;)), and it is the wonderful overarching canopy of mature trees that provides the glorious setting. Bottom line: the farther away from the street your home/castle is, the more you paid for it and the more privacy you get to enjoy.

@Muster: I like Stein Erik Hagen's spread, and if loneliness and isolation are his thing he sure got himself a nice place. But is he married? Does he have children? I'm sure there must be a huge intercom system in that house for the inhabitants to communicate. Buzz One: "Tina honey, I'll meet you in the winter garden for drinks in 20 minutes." Buzz Two: "Lars, please get my tan pants and turquoise sweater for me. I've got a date with my wife."

1 - 20 of 41 Posts