SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
17,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the Rap Leagues forum

On Mobb Deep's new album, Blood Money, Prodigy takes blasphemy to another level, according to some. On the track Pearly Gates featuring 50 Cent, Prodigy expresses his disgust with God and Jesus.

"Tell the boss man we got beef/And tell his only son Im’a see him when I see him/And when I see him, Im’a beat him like the movie/For leaving us out to dry in straight poverty/For not showing me no signs they watching over me/Look, we the new breed in 2006/We don’t give a **** about that religious bullshit/***** show me where the cash at/And nice whips with the 3 car garage to fit them shits/Man my life is painful, pray to angels/Or praying to myself hoping I don’t have to spank you/My bullets will shank you/And when my gun start cutting, ain’t nobody gonna save you."

·
jive turkey
2,343 Posts
As much as i've always liked Liam Howlett and the Prodigy, that's just ignorant... To me its sounds more like a cry for attention.. And 50? Well, he's just a douchebag that seems to flip flop on religion in his lyrics...

·
17,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'm Catholic though I'm not a religious person. But I think Prodigy crossed the line with his blasphemous lyrics. And I think he'll lose alot of fans especially Christians.

·
Registered
10,088 Posts
Ah, well, not the first time Jesus has been dissed, not by a longshot.

And all this really proves is that these so-called artists are rather fuddy-duddy and conventional. Now what's that going to do for sales ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts