SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
This one looks great=) Pity there's no river-path on that side tough... Another nice building is planned for the other side of the river to;D

So you work on this building, marshol? Great pictures!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Emporis defines a highrise/skyscraper as being twelve or more floors as one of the criterions.

I like the clean white facade, reminds me of the opera house. The white part of this side http://ne.no/image/500x375/neprop_45f7c406a8bc2.jpg though looks a bit plastic and cheap. That is my initial reaction at least, but wel see how it turns out.

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Emporis defines a highrise/skyscraper as being twelve or more floors as one of the criterions.
Yes, this one is just barely acceptable here. But since its above 35m it should do.

Nice construction pics though marshol, and welcome to the forum! :eek:kay:

Btw, this is Peter Pran's work. He is currently doing The Sail in Singapore and did the Telenor Headquarters at Fornebu in Bærum. :)

·
Landsc. Architect
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, this one is just barely acceptable here. But since its above 35m it should do.
I know it's really on the edge of the highrise definition. But I think it's been reduced from 12 to 11 floors and Emporis says 10, so I'm not quite sure what to think.

Thanks for the welcome. :)

·
YIMBYer.no
1,386 Posts
The building was originally planned to be 12 floors, but during the approval process its design was changed, and the number of floors was reduced a little bit. As far as I understand, the building is 10 floors from the entrance in Christian Kroghs gate, and one more down to Akerselva. Giving it officially 10 floors, and a height of 36.80 metres.

It's in the grey zone for being a highrise, fulfilling ony one of the official criterions. But thats what you have individual assesments for;)

·
Scandi-friendly
7,733 Posts
And the award in this weekends "Best picture of Akerselva Atrium with Plaza/PGB in the background" goes to.....

Muster!!!:applause::cheer:

Congratulations...

1 - 20 of 76 Posts