SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Kool Kat
12,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Al Fahim Group to create a luxurious land of beauty at Dubailand

Dubailand has announced that The Al Fahim Group has committed to creating a luxurious land dedicated to beauty stretching across more than 3.48 million square feet at the Dubailand.

The Group has recently drawn up plans that call for the investment of more than AED one billion in the ambitious project that will be executed through Al Fahim Enterprise Group.

An agreement to create "Beautyland" was signed by Salem bin Dasmal, Chief Executive Officer of Dubailand and Abdullah Abdulrahim Al Fahim, Chairman of Al Fahim Group. Mohammed Abdulrahim Al Fahim, Managing Director of Paris Gallery in the Gulf was also present.

Abdullah Abdulrahim Al Fahim, said that he envisioned Beautyland to become internationally recognised as the "premier location for the most exclusive and comprehensive range of beauty, natural treatments, luxury spa facilities, and products."

"Beautyland will also become recognised as a centre of excellence for educational training and beauty innovation, thus providing a major attraction for residents and international visitors," Abdullah added.

He went to explain that:"Beautyland is envisaged as a unique and total lifestyle experience providing an international array of spas, relaxation treatments, and holistic therapies, including health and organic nutrition. Treatments will be available for not only women but also men, making this the most luxurious development in the Middle East and Europe."

Mohammed Abdulrahim Al Fahim, said that some of Beautyland's main attractions and components include a Beauty Museum and a Beauty Academy as well as Designer and Branded Beauty commodities, managed by international designers. "There will also be office space and conference facilities for associated businesses and beauty consultants, production facilities for tailor-made fragrances as well as a Boutique Hotel," Mohammed Abdulrahim said.

He said the complex will also feature a boulevard where an exclusive selection of cosmetic and luxury brands will be retailed.

"Beautyland will be beautiful. Our exclusive and luxury facilities will be set amongst large open spaces, ample parking and lakes, parks and water features to give a feeling of being one of the world's most luxurious resorts that bring comfort to the body, mind and soul," Mohammed Abdulrahim added.

·
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
9,583 Posts
:hahaha:

I wonder if this will be a breeding ground for those guys I remember hearing about, who spend hours staring at women on the beach as if they'd never seen one before :D

·
Back in Blighty
3,187 Posts
This one just beggars belief..so much that I am speechless...or that I find myself in the style of Emirati Girl, trying to diss it...ok here goes...

"This project worst of one I seen in the my life, i of the truth hate it really with my heart all of, and may the God teach the respect for the womens to these people - God bless you all..."

·
Back in Blighty
3,187 Posts
It seems to me that somebody somewhere, in Dubai, thinks its a good idea to take the minutest aspects of life, work or business and create preposterously over-the-top "cities" or "free zones" or "lands" based on these trivial concepts.... like...here's an example...

"Toilet Paper City"..."we will bring together all the world's top bog roll manufacturers from the "wipe-your-butt-with-banana-leaves" school of thought from Brazil to the latest Armani-perfumed, 24-ply "softer-than-a-baby's-bottom" tissue rolls as used by the Saudi Royal Family and the technologically advanced "designed-by-NASA" micro-chipped toilet paper, complete with IPOD docking station USB adapter so you can listen to your favourite MP3s whilst you wipe...."

I swear, I would NOT put it passed some unbelievably numskulled dumbarse in Dubai, right now, to be drawing up such a proposal for His Majesty Sh. Mo as I write!

·
Seeking Affiliation
1,217 Posts
Beautyland

Beautyland! BEAUTYLAND! What the **** is that! Someone should write an infinite load of hatemail to the project thinker(s) and planners of this stuff.

The name is so generic and uncreative!

Worse, this is simply overdoing things. Why would people want to go to a large development like this when they can enjoy the same facilities and pleasurable beautifying activities in their neighborhood beauty salons!

**** THIS! I'm gonna kill the project planner of this thing! REALLY! I'm feeling all these things as I read the article
:badnews:
:rofl: :sleepy: :nuts: :sly: :hahaha: :hilarious :gunz: :weird: :eek:hno: :crazy2: :rant: :no: >( :down: :guns1: :hm: :fart: :( :puke:
:hahano: :bleep: :jippo: :wtf: :mad: :mad2: :| :cry: :doh:

·
Dubai State of Mind
8,592 Posts
This is part of DubaiLand, tourists will need simple names to identify and locate the many projects in Dubailand quickly. Compare with Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Sea World etc.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
I kinda like the idea! :cheers:
A great beautyland for Dubaiers to relax and be beautiful, why can't we have that here in Chicago...lol! :runaway:

·
Back in Blighty
3,187 Posts
Dubai_Steve said:
This is part of DubaiLand, tourists will need simple names to identify and locate the many projects in Dubailand quickly. Compare with Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Sea World etc.

Yes you're right..coz as far as i know..bus loads of Downs Syndromed kids are planning to come to Dubailand for holidaying. So a few sign-languaged names would be a good idea too. Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Sea World have a ring to their names..they are simple and perfect names for such places... "Beautyland" on the other hand, is what an ESOL student names his ficticious themepark on the first day of his English class.

Beautyland as far as I know..isn't a themepark..is it? It's a place full of health spas and beauty parlours, bronzed footballers wives and skinny hollywood startlets walking their poodles, somewhere prostitutes can go without looking over-dressed. IS IT REALLY JUST A THEMEPARK? Help! Im suffering from "Dubai-Projects-Incomprehension" syndrome.

·
Ruff 'n' Ready
3,746 Posts
tender is out:

Name : Beautyland Development Project More...
Description : Development of Beautyland involving construction of spas, a beauty museum, a beauty academy, retail space, conference facilities and a boutique hotel.
Territory : Dubai
Posted : May 27, 2006

R

1 - 20 of 25 Posts