Bryghusprojektet
Constructionstart End of 2011
Location Vester Voldgade and Frederiks Holm Kanal
Total Price 1,200 bill. kroner ?
Size 17,000 m2
Architects OMA/AMO Rotterdam, PLH Arkitekter
Engineering Cowi
Owner Realdania

The project include DAC - Bookstore - Café/Restaurant - Offices - Appartments - Underground parking - Playground and will be designed in concrete, steel and glass.
Allow me to quote Pisling in one of his post, that I think says it all
I'm really looking forward to this one. It's a great spot, and if it's done right, it can revitalise (if that place ever was vitalised) the whole area. So let's hope it turns out as good as expected – or even better ;)

Year 2015

Year 1931

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I can vividly imagine how the underground passageway under Christians Brygge could become the perfect setting for some late night mugging! And damn - that Christians Brygge road ruins the concept of a recreational area on the harbour side. Instead of digging an underground passageway for pedestrians - they should dig a tunnel for the cars!

To be frank - this building is an exciting little modernist monster. I like how it provokes and makes no effort of blending in with the old historical surroundings. The playground is perhaps not such a big hit. They should give that part a lot of attention - because... those kids need a playground! And they have that right now. The kids are going to complain if they don't beef up the playground with some cool stuff!

·
Mod nye projekter
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Mod nye projekter
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This must be one the most worked through project in our nations entire history :), with all this detail planning it can only be better than exellent.

If they been as slow on the Opera project, they wouldn't have finished it yet..

ARKITEKTERNE HALVVEJS GENNEM PROJEKTERINGSFASEN

Arkitekterne har gennem længere tid arbejdet på projekteringen af Bryghusprojektet. I slutningen af august var det tid til at gøre status, i en midtvejs aflevering.
Forslaget bliver nu gennemgået af bygherren, Realdania Byg, og bygherrerådgiverne.

Nye standarder for energiforbruget
I denne midtvejs aflevering er der fokus på landskabsprojektet, som skal præsenteres for brugergruppen. Derudover er der fokus på bæredygtighedselementerne i byggeriet. Bryghusprojektet har udviklet en af de mest omfattende strategier for bæredygtighed. Bæredygtigheden defineres som, at ”Bryghusprojektet skal dække bæredygtighedsbegrebet i alle dets aspekter. Arup er rådgiver på denne del, og projektet anvender deres SPEaR (Sustainable projects appraisal routine) model.

Læs mere om bæredygtighed og SPEaR her

Bryghusprojektet bliver også et af de første huse, der gennemføres i forhold til bygningsreglementet for lavenergibyggeri (LE2015). Konkret betyder det, at energiforbruget nu er reduceret med 60% siden de første designstadier.

Færdig med projekteringen
Ved udgangen af 2011 foreligger et gennemarbejdet projektforslag fra OMA.

·
Registered
15,178 Posts
Sorry, but I'm not feeling it. Reminds me some of the brutalism buildings built and planed in former Soviet. Or Habitat 67 in Montreal. It may seem cool now but I have some doubt about popularity of the building in 20-30 years time.

Just my 2 cent.

·
Mod nye projekter
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry, but I'm not feeling it. Reminds me some of the brutalism buildings built and planed in former Soviet. Or Habitat 67 in Montreal. It may seem cool now but I have some doubt about popularity of the building in 20-30 years time.

Just my 2 cent.
Well, I did had my doubt in the beginning too, but after have walking around on the spot,(you find the huge very traffic Langebro on one side, and the almost "holy" quiet Slotsholmen on the other side) I think the building will fit in perfectly. even it looks "boxy" and a piece of architecture from the late sixties.

I also like how it frame in the square called Søren Kirkegaards Plads, so it get a more intimate room, and then I think it bloody cool that you can "under cross" the building by car or bicycle, and that it's open for the public.
Too many buildings are closed land for the public, unless you have a particular business there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi

I do like its features, but I have to agree with Galro, and many others I suspect, that it has a real brutalism feeling to it, and I feel confident that it is going to be the new “Busterminal”. I also remember how it was suppose to frame Rådhuspladsen, and did according to the architect. I really hope it turns out better that the renderings, and that I am wrong…

By the way - whatever happened to the buildings on the site from the 1931 picture?

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
^^
It was destroyed in a fire in 1960. As for what the building will become, I think it could end up sort of a Copenhagen Centre Pompidou : Met with some scepticism at first for its out of place looks in a historic setting but with a potential to become "part of the city", a fix point, with a soul of its own and respected for what it does. And it will give so much to the surroundings - both Søren Koerkegaards Plads as Hafnia mentioned and the Materielgården cluster on its rear side. Together with the updated Vester Voldgade it will be great.

My main point of criticism is that I really wanted a taller building at the site. I think that would have complemented Christian IV's Brewhouse on the other side of the canal much better and the view would have been superb.

·
Mod nye projekter
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi

I do like its features, but I have to agree with Galro, and many others I suspect, that it has a real brutalism feeling to it, and I feel confident that it is going to be the new “Busterminal”. I also remember how it was suppose to frame Rådhuspladsen, and did according to the architect. I really hope it turns out better that the renderings, and that I am wrong…
There's always a risk when something different will be build. The old brew house and the old apartment building are both strong buildings, they will be able to consume the architectural challenges from the upcoming one, and not to forget the possibilities around the building, were there will be plenty new places to rest and play.

I think this building will be a place with a lot of activity, like Ramblersen wrote a Pompidou Centre, of course in the minor Copenhagener scale.

·
Registered
15,178 Posts
I'm not talking about the "respecting" the old buildings that stands there. That's not where I'm coming from. I'm all for striking modern designs (especially on a waterfront), but I.m not a fan of this particularly design and I have feeling that many will agree with me in 20-30 years time.
:)

·
Mod nye projekter
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
NEWS :cheers:

OMA has finished the detail for the final proposal, and it will now be studied, and then the permission for construction start will be applied.
Sorry guys, it take so long, but there're I think some tiny new goodies here..

Too many lunches and danish pastry and maxi puff in this project, come on guys work - work ;-)

1 - 20 of 377 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.