SkyscraperCity banner

781 - 800 of 1713 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
But the LR13000 crawler has its famous Powerboom configuration to increase more lifting on a larger radius, so i think they have equal tonnage to lift. Plus the fact that the LR13000 can move whilst lifting.

·
Registered
748 Posts
But the LR13000 crawler has its famous Powerboom configuration to increase more lifting on a larger radius, so i think they have equal tonnage to lift. Plus the fact that the LR13000 can move whilst lifting.
Based on the slinging positions of the hub, the load is not equal on each crane. It looks more like two thirds on the ring crane. Assuming the hub is basically symmetrical about the centre line.....

·
Dubai Aye!
7,761 Posts
^^ Yes, the ring crane is lifting most of the weight with the crawler lifting the out of balance weight. The ring crane is mainly lifting and the crawler is mainly guiding.

I wonder if they were able to execute the lift plan on a computer simulation prior to putting it into practise. It really is one of these operations that you get one chance to make sure it goes to plan. So many big lifts go wrong. Not long ago we had the crane disaster at Mecca and the Mega crane that collapsed on the World Cup stadium. A tandem lift like this one is seriously complicated and delicate.

Reactions: 974agk and m6b7n

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Cannot wait to see the next piece!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
It is looking awesome!!

The buildings near the wheel seem quite advanced. Anyone knows if the access to the island is also full ready for future public usage?

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
You're right Gabriel, and I really like the final design! It's not too funky, but clean and modern... The only thing I would have liked to see different are these 4 identical looking buildings at the power plant end of the island..
There should be some more variation.

·
Super Moderator
11,121 Posts
Are they building it or not. On Google Earth there are not changes between 9.18.2015 and 5.5.2016. Has it stopped??

Dude google earth latest update is overlapping with 9.18.2015. So when it tells u u are at that latter date it is in fact the new one and when u jump to the newest update you will have the same pic which let u conclude that there isn't any change. Make sure to read the image date on the bottom center of google earth not what the timeline bar shows you.

781 - 800 of 1713 Posts