SkyscraperCity banner

1161 - 1163 of 1163 Posts

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
It has made such a difference crossing at William St as well. The lights just need a bit of tweaking, as they are still on the old phase sequence. Once that is done it will be a huge improvement for active transport and pedestrians.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
No, the bulk of the current routes will be transferred to the Metro.
I meant that I wonder if the state government requirement to put the Melbourne Street services underground has to do with the high frequency of buses that go down Melbourne Street and the ongoing traffic impact that would have on the Melbourne Street x Grey Street intersection.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I meant that I wonder if the state government requirement to put the Melbourne Street services underground has to do with the high frequency of buses that go down Melbourne Street and the ongoing traffic impact that would have on the Melbourne Street x Grey Street intersection.
As was mentioned it's really only the 60, 196 and 199 still running down Melbourne St, hardly the endless snake of busses crossing the Victoria Bridge as we have now. Those three routes would not have impacted much at all, we know this by looking at Melbourne St further towards West End to see how little these routes impact traffic or amenity. It was silly of the state government to insist these routes be sent into a tunnel essentially for one stop then back onto the surface.

1161 - 1163 of 1163 Posts