Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Final rendering of the Ceres Highrise, which will start piling in a few weeks:

The 20 floor Ceres highrise will be the highest building in the
new urban district, Ceresbyen.
Taller than the closeby 2001 highrise Prismet (63 m),
and the third tallest building in Aarhus when it tops out in 2016
(After the Cathedral and the Aarhus City Tower).

According to the lokalplan the kote height is 79.15 m but that is the height measured from above the normal water level. And as far as i can see in the lokalplankort 5 the area where the highrise are located are on "Terrænplan" kote 4 m. So that would make the height of the building 75.15 m.
http://lokalplanerweb.aarhuskommune.dk/GetDokument.aspx?id=1848
The building will contain 130 condominiums (apartments).
(On top of) 3 floors of commercial leases (For the engineering company Niras).

Rådgivningsfirmaet Niras flytter ind i Ceres Byen i 2016:

http://jyllands-posten.dk/aarhus/erhverv/ECE5865062/ceres-byen-runder-en-milepael/

Illustration: Niras/Schmidt Hammer Lassen
As a major addition to the growing skyline of Aarhus the building
deserves its own thread, apart from (but still closely connected to)
the Ceresbyen (new urban district) thread.

Aerial of the Ceresbyen construction site, soon to
include the Ceres highrise near the Aarhus aa (center of the picture):

Views from the highrise:
http://www.360-foto.dk/ceresbyen/

Motivation for this thread:
Obviously, in many parts of todays world 75 meters hardly qualifies as a
highrise. But taken in the Aarhus context this new building will be one of the tallest, and therefore (for that reason alone) very interesting to follow.
What impact will it have on the Aarhus Skyline, and the architecture in Aarhus, as it begins to grow here in the coming months and years?

And I wouldn't be surprised if some of us will find a certain >>need<<
to photodocument this - which will probably be a good thing to keep apart
from some of the equally important developments in Ceresbyen.
So, for these reasons I think this thread is appropriate.
(And) Excited to see how this will all play out in the coming months and years :)

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A little bit difficult to find a spot with a good overview, but I think this must be it, - the start of piling for the Ceres highrise (??).
Please comment if you think this is correct or not, and what we actually see in the picture.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So now we know the name of the highrise - Ceres Panorama. Ok name i think.
Their slogan "Det naturlige midtpunkt" is pretty catchy as well.
Some of the material text, like "Ceres PANORAMA er rammen om et liv med naturen i centrum" will probably be a tough sell in e.g. Norway, where they know what nature actually looks like.
But nevermind. They have a good product. And a lot of people will be happy to have an apartment here. Thinking of the success of Aahusene - you actually wonder if you couldn't have had two of these blocks?

But nevermind. Great that they have startet construction now. :)
Lots to look forward to and be excited about now that construction has started !

:)

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Their slogan "Det naturlige midtpunkt" is pretty catchy as well.

But nevermind. Great that they have startet construction now. :)
Lots to look forward to and be excited about now that construction has started !

:)

If this development is to live up to the name "Det naturlige midtpunkt" then the light rail needs to be extended out here as soon as possible. :)

·
Grave Architecture
519 Posts
Ceres Panorama is a well chosen name for the highrise, even though I'm not really convinced by the design. Surprisingly because one would expect schimdt hammer lassen to deliver a varied and original design, but the finished tower might of course prove to be more interesting than the renders. Aarhus is witnessing a lot of activity concerning highrises in these years, but it seems like the city is reaching a point, where focus should rather be on quality rather than quantity in my opinion.

·
Registered
125 Posts
@ Asbjoern, yes it looks a bit compact for a highrise, and i am not convinced either. The vertical bands will probably make it look slimmer, but i guess if the finish is good an the materials are not low budget it is probably going to be allright. It seems like a "safe" solution - but it is not going to be a firstmover in architecture. What bothers me the most is that all of these appartments is mainly designed as youth housing primarily. I think we need diversity so maybe a bit more family housing, quality buildings and recreative areas would be nice to have. But at least something is happening down there - which is nice after all.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

The core of the building I suppose?
But a link to some drawings explaining what we actually see here would be nice ! Functionality etc.

1 - 20 of 231 Posts