SkyscraperCity banner

2841 - 2860 of 2871 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Do we still not know what is gonna happen with the busway at Roma St? If they still wanna move it underground when will they demolish the existing busway?

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Do we still not know what is gonna happen with the busway at Roma St? If they still wanna move it underground when will they demolish the existing busway?
Yes that busway looks to high and in the plans the Old Heritage Roma Street station building is not obstructed by the busway. The platforms they have in place are too short to cater for metro services, so I one for certain is that a new busway will be built, as the new underground train station gets built.

Busway at Roma Street going underground

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great photos verbatim9! So many questions
  • What is the orange thing between the tracks in photo 5?
  • What is the resurfaced(?) path in photos 8,9?
  • Is that an old platform running under the bridge in the last photo?

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
The area being resurfaced in photos 8 & 9 is part of Sideshow Alley, but I believe that specific section will be annexed as a small carpark for the station (carparking for station staff and PWD, if I recall correctly)

The platform shown in the last photo is part of the existing Exhibition Station. It doesn't go under the bridge, but finishes just short of it.

Not sure about the orange thing.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
  • What is the orange thing between the tracks in photo 5?
The orange piping is for cable ducting, They are preparing to construct an elevated walkway to Bowen Bridge Road as well as adding a new track from O'Connell Tce to Bowen Bridge Road for freight services. The other two will be used primary for CRR. The current platforms in place will be demolished to make way for the new station. There is still a lot of work to go.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Yes that busway looks to high and in the plans the Old Heritage Roma Street station building is not obstructed by the busway. The platforms they have in place are too short to cater for metro services, so I one for certain is that a new busway will be built, as the new underground train station gets built.

Busway at Roma Street going underground
Email today says that piling will be going in to support the inner northern busway. Don't know if that means it will be staying where it is or that is only a temporary measure.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
For those playing at home, Change 9 relates to fixing the Boggo Road mess.

From looking at the plans, I've only just noticed how poorly the PA pedestrian link connects to the bikeway that runs alongside the busway past the PA Hospital station to O'Keefe St. A real missed opportunity to enhance what's already a really good link (flying over Ipswich Road). It could have been part of a broader UQ-Eastern Suburbs cycleway, but alas, CRR strikes again.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
From looking at the plans, I've only just noticed how poorly the PA pedestrian link connects to the bikeway that runs alongside the busway past the PA Hospital station to O'Keefe St. A real missed opportunity to enhance what's already a really good link (flying over Ipswich Road). It could have been part of a broader UQ-Eastern Suburbs cycleway, but alas, CRR strikes again.
That Bikeway is disconnected at the moment. Cycling Groups, Council and the State Government are in talks for a connected seamless Bikeway from the Eastern Suburbs to UQ. Would be good to have a seamless Bikeway from Coorparoo that runs along the Eastern Busway to Dutton Park.

2841 - 2860 of 2871 Posts