SkyscraperCity banner

2861 - 2871 of 2871 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Damn! Where in the plans did you find it?
On the project changes website, if you have a look at the 'Station Drawings' pdf, Page 4 shows the Boggo Road station, including the alignment of the bridge, as per the below.

That Bikeway is disconnected at the moment. Cycling Groups, Council and the State Government are in talks for a connected seamless Bikeway from the Eastern Suburbs to UQ. Would be good to have a seamless Bikeway from Coorparoo that runs along the Eastern Busway to Dutton Park.
Yeah,it's a real shame because the connection to the V1 at the eastern end is not terrible (it's not a seemless link, so not perfect, but by Qld standards, it's great). Just a tiny little link over to Peter Doherty Street, and it would basically work from UQ to Buranda (as well as the V1 route) and only a short hop to the Normal Creek Cycleway (which while narrow, connects well to a lot of local streets).

·
Registered
599 Posts
On the project changes website, if you have a look at the 'Station Drawings' pdf, Page 4 shows the Boggo Road station, including the alignment of the bridge, as per the below.
View attachment 886868

Yeah,it's a real shame because the connection to the V1 at the eastern end is not terrible (it's not a seemless link, so not perfect, but by Qld standards, it's great). Just a tiny little link over to Peter Doherty Street, and it would basically work from UQ to Buranda (as well as the V1 route) and only a short hop to the Normal Creek Cycleway (which while narrow, connects well to a lot of local streets).
Now that I google it I see it's been like that since at least Change 4. Grr.

·
Registered
14,659 Posts
I note that 2025 has now been set as the revised opening date for Cross River Rail - has there been a publicly announced revision to the project budget as well?

Also does the Qld Government have subsequent plans for further investment and projects to improve the rail network, or is this a bit of an orphan project?

·
Registered
599 Posts
I note that 2025 has now been set as the revised opening date for Cross River Rail - has there been a publicly announced revision to the project budget as well?

Also does the Qld Government have subsequent plans for further investment and projects to improve the rail network, or is this a bit of an orphan project?
In my considered opinion:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

·
Registered
1,983 Posts

I've been saying for the last 24months that this project has significant delays, they've missed almost every timeline they had for the commencement of the next phase. They've known for well over a year, but just slip it in as a revised opening date.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Cross River Rail's Facebook page has posted a video showing the building's demolition:

·
Queenslander
334 Posts
Anyone know whats happening with 266 Roma St? Station portal or underpass? Conspicuously it is highlighted in Phase 1 of lot reconfiguration for CRR in the PDA doc. Have also noticed some internal demolition work last year, but otherwise boarded up.

Edit: officially this site is 260, 262 Roma St & 10, 12 May St over 4 titles.

2861 - 2871 of 2871 Posts