SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Im not a real fan of those shade structures. They look messy. I hope this is preliminary and not indication of final design. I would have preferred something more striking.

·
5,174 Posts
Given there's no QLD CRR thread, here is one.

Albert Street Portal (Marty, note where river city is in relation to albert street).

Renders from the ABC.

Ah so that station entrance is corner of Albert and Mary St, where the row of shops sit on Esk Lane, next to The Sebel. They've always looked like a prime redevelopment option:

·
New Urbanist
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ Yeah, River City / Matisse Tower gives it away, and also parts of that video.

Here's the route for future reference:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
So, from having watched the video, here are my thoughts:
*LOVE Yeerongpilly station. Perfect design. I just hope they're thinking about that with the new Fairfield Rd footbridge.
*the vid didn't really show above ground at Boggo Rd, so I'll hld judgement on that one
*woolloongabba station: good. I like the basic design and the whole open shaft thing, but I doubt that'll end up being kept for safety concerns
*Albert Street station, love the Alice street entrance. A bit disappointed over losing the facades of those shops on the corner of Mary Street though. Love those.
*Roma street- really not sure. In the video, it would appear that'll be the entrance near Turbot Street. And to me, the entrance is reminiscent of KGS Busway station's Ann street entrance. I really hope they integrate it into the existing Roma Street station pedestrian subway. Needs more detail.
*exhibition station- pretty much ANYTHING is an improvement here, but again, I think I need more detail

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Loving them shades, a mini Southern Cross station vibe :)
Exactly but a light weight 'Queenslander' version.
They have made a mess of the Yeerongpilly road re-alignments though. Not too impressed with that part of the plan!

·
Premium Member
9,528 Posts
May get a bit confusing with 2 different threads. I remember the new Gateway discussions got a bit disjointed with conversations going on in 2 threads.

·
Maglev Believer
2,259 Posts
Mods, can we have a sticky link to the thread in the Transport Section? Something that will stay near the top, and direct them to the one thread for all the discussion of Cross River Rail. Pretty Please.

·
New Urbanist
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^ If there's no CRR thread in the QLD subforum, people will no doubt keep posting in the news & gossip thread. It should have a dedicated one here though shouldn't it?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I hope that all the stations have there own look, dont make the gabba and albert look the same with the shade structures.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.