SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEVER BUILT: CORNICHE REDEVELOPMENT (Deira)

The Deira Corniche will have a new frontage at a cost of Dh3.307 billion. Dubai Municipality will develop the corniche next year and it will cover the area between Al Hamriya Port and Rashid Port The area would be build close to, where deira hyatt regency is.That lonely building will have some friends now:laugh:.
The area covers about 5 sq km along Deira beach. As part of the project, Al Hamriya Vegetable and Fruit Market will be shifted to Al Awir and The car parking area will be demolished.
It is one of the most important development projects. It will develop the seafront which will be unique and beautiful. It will offer additional open and private beaches. The project will also offer land for urban development in the seafront.
It will also help in raising the economy. The project will offer new entertainment, commercial and residential areas.
The municipality has done intensive studies on the environmental, urban planning, engineering, transportation and commercial aspects. About 400 hectares of land will be reclaimed from the sea, but this will not affect the ports or Al Mamzar area.
According to the Planning and Survey report, the municipality will also improve the road network around the area.
The area will be able to accommodate 12,000 people, or 200 to 1,400 people per hectare to avoid pressure on the facilities.
There will be commercial buildings with super deluxe offices. Buildings will be around 30 storeys high and face the sea. There will have car parking facilities and the area will be accessed by buses and abras. There will be pedestrian crossings also.
A special area will be reserved for the monorail which will connect the Deira Corniche with Bur Dubai passing near the Al Shindagha tunnel.
There will be an art museum, Civil Defence station, social clubs and tourism centres near the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
The residential area will be divided into two blocks with three types of buildings, 20 storeys, 13 storeys and five storeys. They will not be built directly on the sea. In addition, there will be an elementary school, mosque, shops and a nursery.
An artificial island will be built in front of the beach and will be connected to the corniche by a bridge. The island will have four hotels, with three being 20 storeys high and with a private beach.
The fourth hotel will not be on the beach. It will consist of chalets with an artificial lake where people can practise water sports.
There will be sports clubs, cinemas, coffee shops and shopping centres. There will be parks, a place for riding bicycles and a jogging track. The area will be landscaped. Al Hamriya Port will also be developed and expanded.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
i always thought about that very tall building,and why it was so alone and for what reason it was build in a highrise scarce area?, but that building probably influenced a lot on the project, since it showed them that this area could also become a tourist destination. I always dreamt of something happening in this area, since it was surrounded by desert and in the middle was this very tall hyatt, but this project was more then what i expected.

That midrise cluster of buildings somehow reminds me of abudhabi, and a corniche right in front of them, very much like abudhabi!!

Sheikh Mohammed also make a speech on this project, and he always makes speech on project that will become reality one day. This project is vey true and definately will get build!! afterall dubai is amazing

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
16,745 Posts
Mashalah WOW :p this is great , whenever they wrote about this project in the newspaper , they alway put cappy photos of it , mostly small ones , so first of all thanks for the photos and second , can u like tell me exactly where this will be ((( dont know much about Dubai`s area planning , i mean i know the area of the hyatt but where will this project be exactly

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What i like about this project is its just in deira, so you know this area will be crowded, which i like. Is'nt this project huge? is something like the marina but just right in the city! i can already see the abra service running down from here. All that yellow part is'nt actually land, when you go there, its actually water. But they are making islands on the water and then the buildings on the island. Dubai is building soo many islands, that its just crazy!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dubai_Boy said:
Well the corniche sucks compared to Abu Dhabi`s , But hopefully this project will imporve things and make things less fish smelly ;)
I havent seen the deira corniche!!!! Do u know how far the Abu Dhabi corniche construction has reached. I just want them to get over with it and have the place beautiful again!!!! :)

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
16,745 Posts
I`m not really sure if its going to get the green light , or if it will look like the renderings , the reason why i believe so is becoz there has not been any advertisements about this project ( no publicity )

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Yeah! but i dont remember other major project being advertised very much when introduced such as grollo towers when introduced in dubai, did have much publicity. This is just a recent project and considered in the list of future constructing project that is something is still continuing on the project. The study on the project is going on. The project is very big, so it takes time to analyze it. There are soo many project under condtruction right now that this might take a liitle time. Many project even get build up without having too much publicity.

Sheikh mohammed has already called a council meeting on this project and said that this project will become reality one day. and you know him, he cant cancel something thats he has made speech on in a councill meeting.

·
Registered
180 Posts
dubai_dude said:
Yeah! but i dont remember other major project being advertised very much when introduced such as grollo towers when introduced in dubai, did have much publicity. This is just a recent project and considered in the list of future constructing project that is something is still continuing on the project. The study on the project is going on. The project is very big, so it takes time to analyze it. There are soo many project under condtruction right now that this might take a liitle time. Many project even get build up without having too much publicity.

Sheikh mohammed has already called a council meeting on this project and said that this project will become reality one day. and you know him, he cant cancel something thats he has made speech on in a councill meeting.
I feel itll take another 10 years time!!!!!! By then all the other projects will be done!!!! :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
10 YEARS, THATS TOO MUCH FOR DUBAI
How many years of planing did it take dubai to build dubai marina, burj-al-arab, palm islands etc basically the "New Dubai".
i think i'll just take another 5-7 years, just after burj dubai and other major projects are completed. dont you agree?

·
Registered
180 Posts
But wont there be a saturation??!! It will be safer to have the projects that are being done completed well and then start on the next, which will probably take another 8 to 10 years dont u think??!!!

·
Construction Paradise
13,781 Posts
#PROJECT: Corniche Project, Dubai, Dubai

the new corniche project is going on.
you can clearly see that they have started to heap up the artificial island! see pictures 2 and 4!!
i'll upload some photos later!

can you imagine what will happen when the huge parking area in front of hyatt regency will be gone?? pure chaos i think!

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.