SkyscraperCity banner

3541 - 3560 of 4417 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,499 Posts
^^ If I wanna make a guess I would say this site will be storage/main office site for one of the towers that will be U/C soon in the Opera District. Now according to many master-plans this plot between Opera/Primo/Grand will host 2 twin towers in the future but not anytime soon.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Something expected would be 1. a big mall, 2. big towers, 3. fancy villas. So what does that leave for the unexpected?
I'd go for hypothesis no.2. A big mall would be silly since the largest mall in the world is already next door. I also think the land is too valuable to ''waste'' it for private mansions.
I would love to see a little mixed use district with office and residential towers and maybe a big plaza beneath with cultural facilities :D

·
Super Moderator
10,499 Posts
^^ Exactly .. what expected is a villa community, since its so close to all the royal estates but now I am leaning to believe we will see a new district of highrises! Maybe a new mega tower perhaps? developed by Meraas?! Fingers crossed we will get a quality developer for whatever is gonna happen there.

·
Urban Hermit
5,437 Posts
Yeah I'd love a big plaza when I visit Dubai, I'll never have to worry about having my fried eggs for breakfast if the stove at the place I stay is broken.

That aside, Mohammad-Almarri seems a quite well-informed guy in the few posts he has, so I figure if he says unexpected he means it. So I stay with the assumption that it won't be any of the three options I listed. Don't expect a theme park either, a ton of those U/C already, and not another skyline-killing horse race track or stable, already plenty of those cutting off skylines in the worst locations.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Yeah I'd love a big plaza when I visit Dubai, I'll never have to worry about having my fried eggs for breakfast if the stove at the place I stay is broken.

That aside, Mohammad-Almarri seems a quite well-informed guy in the few posts he has, so I figure if he says unexpected he means it. So I stay with the assumption that it won't be any of the three options I listed. Don't expect a theme park either, a ton of those U/C already, and not another skyline-killing horse race track or stable, already plenty of those cutting off skylines in the worst locations.
Yea no I'm not talking about a frying pan of a plaza, but a big square with greenery, activities and for example those shade umbrellas :)

·
Downtown Disciple
352 Posts
If we all start making requests so will I: I would like to see a tram line in Business Bay. Who agrees with me?
Taking the discussion from Business Bay to Downtown Tread , extending the suggestion by GeneratorNL a little further to Monorail in Downtown and Business Bay. I would love see Monorail with the route given below. It will not only be extremely useful for the office goers and residents but will also be a big tourist attraction. This loop can be connected to Metro at the Business Bay and Down Town stations.

Hope Emaar / Dubai Properties / RTA also read these threads.

Some additional details:
- 8 KM loop with 8 stations.
- Approx 15 minutes for completing the loop.
- Virtually every building on the upper side of the Canal will have a station within 500m, or less than 7-8 min walk.

3541 - 3560 of 4417 Posts