SkyscraperCity banner

1361 - 1380 of 1392 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
I think it might be one of Creek Horizon towers, but I'm not 100% sure so I just stuck the picture in this thread.

·
Where is Latifa ?
79 Posts
Today by me

Just to think that only three years ago there was nóthing there, just desert ...
April 2017 I came there by ferry from the other side and I took a long stroll, heading for the pelicans.

Too bad the Jewel of the Crown is still not there.
No news on #DubaiCreekTower I guess ... :oops:

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Too bad the Jewel of the Crown is still not there.
No news on #DubaiCreekTower I guess ... :oops:
As far as I can tell, Dubai Creek Harbour seems to be the only active part of the entire Dubai Creek project at the moment. Emaar isn't promoting any of it beyond the island of the Harbour, at least.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As far as I can tell, Dubai Creek Harbour seems to be the only active part of the entire Dubai Creek project at the moment. Emaar isn't promoting any of it beyond the island of the Harbour, at least.
Isn’t Dubai Creek Harbour the official name of the whole area?

anyways, Creek Beach at DCH is currently active. It is the area between the island and the Dubai Creek Tower from the mainland side. Just recently it’s at 10% progress but it’s worth noting that it’s supposed to be 30% back in June.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Isn’t Dubai Creek Harbour the official name of the whole area?
As far as I understand it, it's just the name of the island. If you go to Emaar's website, the island is all that's being promoted, at least: Dubai Creek Harbour Community | Emaar Properties

Then again, they do link to Google Maps where the whole area is highlighted as Dubai Creek Harbour, so I could be wrong. Anyway, it seems like only the island (and Creek Beach, barely marked at the edge of the map) is being actively developed at the moment. I searched through Emaar's website, and couldn't find any references to developments on the mainland or to Dubai Creek Tower. Instead, all the renders have Burj Khalifa in the background as the primary landmark to focus on. There's the Surf development too, which appears to be on the mainland, but the maps don't show exactly where.

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
Dubai Creek is the Dubai Creek! which extend from Deira to Dubai Creek Harbour to Jaddaf to Business Bay to Safa Park! Dubai Creek is a very important historical landmark of Dubai that predates all modern construction and Dubai expansion South of the Emirate.
Dubai Creek Harbour is a masterplan on Dubai Creek.
Dubai Creek Harbour Island is phase 1 of Dubai Creek Harbour.
Dubai Creek Harbour includes all of the island, Dubai Creek Tower, towers, retail, mall .... within it

·
Registered
39 Posts
DCH is actually quite stunning. Went for a walk around there last week. Hopefully more people will come there as the newer towers begin to handover and more restaurants open up.

·
Registered
289 Posts
DCH is actually quite stunning. Went for a walk around there last week. Hopefully more people will come there as the newer towers begin to handover and more restaurants open up.
The location is nice and the concept is great, but for now it's a big construction zone with a few poor quality filler buildings and a KFC.

I really wish they had better designs for all of these towers given the "prestige" of the project. Instead we got textbook cheap Emaar architecture.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The location is nice and the concept is great, but for now it's a big construction zone with a few poor quality filler buildings and a KFC.

I really wish they had better designs for all of these towers given the "prestige" of the project. Instead we got textbook cheap Emaar architecture.
I agree! 3 superb Towers are due to be handed over soon - Creek Horizon, Harbour Views, Creekside 18. This should really liven the place up. These towers (including Creek Residences) really complement each other in terms of looks and style and add to the panorama. I am not sure I can say the same for the other side projects behind these Towers.

1361 - 1380 of 1392 Posts