SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dubai to set up Dh8b Exhibition City

The Dubai government will build a 'Dubai Exhibition City' within the Jebel Ali Airport City.

Shaikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai and Minister of Finance and Industry, who is also the chairman Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC), launched the Dh8-billion project on Friday.

To be completed in phases by 2020, the three-million square metres Exhibition City will be the world's largest in terms of display space, halls and offices. It will have facilities including hotels, restaurants, residential apartments etc.

The exclusive exhibition facility, spanning over 500,000 square metres, will have 19 exhibition halls, conference halls and service facilities.

The project will be developed in phases, the first of which is expected to be complete in 2009. The first phase, to be implemented on 100,000 square metres, will have a parking space for more than 20,000 cars.

Shaikh Hamdan said, "(The project) will enhance the UAE's commercial position on the world map."

Dubai Exhibition City will also reinforce the city's reputation as one of the leading global destinations for meetings, incentive, conference and exhibition (MICE).

The first phase of the project will host the Dubai Air Show 2009 upon completion.

General Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister, said Dubai Exhibition City will be a significant part of the Jebel Ali Airport City.

While attending a presentation on the project, he expressed optimism that it will be a success.

The presentation was made by Helal Saeed Khalfan Al Marri, director-general of Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC).

International consultants are putting finishing touches on the design of the project.

Shaikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Education, Shaikh Ahmad Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation and Chairman of Emirates Group, Saeed Mohammad Al Ghandi, Speaker of the National Federal Council, attended the presentation.

Shaikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Chairman of the Mohammad Bin Rashid Establishment for Young Business Leaders, Shaikh Maktoum Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Chairman of Dubai Technology, Electronic Commerce and Media Free Zone, Dr. Ali Al Kaabi, Minister of Labour and Social Affairs, were also present.

"Dubai has the capacity to absorb more investment projects because of its high growth rates. This is a proof of the rightness of our vision of the future of our country," said Shaikh Mohammad.

Referring to the Dubai Cargo Village as a model, he said the it grew rapidly within less than two years of its establishment.

After the Village, Dubai is in need of larger spaces and warehouses to meet the growing demand, he added.

·
Registered
698 Posts
OMG, I was gonna say the same thing. I love how Dubai can manage cities into cities into cities. I totally dig it -- yeah, right.

::Someone get this message ASAP to Dubai's developers::

If they don't get better titles, I'll use my imagination (read: goofy) to name these projects. Imagine ... The Palm, Sharky; Dubai Desertfront; Burj al-Arabian Nights. Oh,and Dubai will no longer be Dubai but Do-Buy A Villa I'm sure you wouldn't want those anytime soon. So get to work guys while I go catch some shut eye.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Dubai has an exhibition centre built two yrs ago, never expected a new one in no time!
Actually, there is a proposal for another one in DubaiLand and it has this ultra-futuristic look to it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Is it gonna be some sort of city, too? I'm thinking somewhere between Dubailand Exhibition City and UAE Exhibition City. Although Ultra-Futuristic Exhibition City sounds good, too. ;)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anyone has any pics, al bayan arabic paper, had lots of amazing renders . . .?

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,971 Posts
The Dubai exhibition centre is just acceptable standard
If they want some thing that will blow the world away Dubai style then this project is a must !

·
Mr Anti
714 Posts
What percent does this city take from the Airport city area?

·
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
9,583 Posts
Well, Exhibition city takes up 3,000,000 sqm
JXB 140,000,000sqm

So. . . . . 3,000,000 X 100
. . . . . . . .140,000,000

= 2.142857142857142857142857142857142857142857142857142857%
:) :) :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts