SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 9 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Where is the people who live in Dubai and who only reading this forum? Why don't you take apart in action? Why do you think that somebody should resolve your problem?
Last year we made actions and put media pressure on Schon. After our actions we got agreement with Belhasa and Bin Sabt.
Now it needs new wave of pressure to continue constructions. Schon don't know other way. Last year i was able to take apart in actions in Dubai, now i'm not, i'm permanent in my country, which is far from UAE. Last year i came to Dubai 3 times SPECIAL for Dubai Lagoon matter!
But last year group had lot of people from overseas (including me). Even if we couldn't come we didn't stop to call, to fax, to send complaints to: Dubai Land Department, RERA, office of HH Sheikh Mohammed, Dubai Police, Dubai Municipality, ALL NEWSPAPERS AND MAGAZINES.
Come on people, our work was very succesfull - Schon got pressure from different levels that time, that because they started to move to build, now they see that no pressure and that they can relax and continue to spend our hard-earned money on their politic frauds in Pakistan, on pretty cars and appartments in Dubai, on clubbing etc.

Why Belhasa not get paid? Where is our money?
You have to laugh. Dubai Lagoons is still a destination for the buses that come to DIP. Couple that with the hundreds of signs that are still up for the now defunct Palisades.................it really is a joke!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Which month end are you referring to?

June has ended, as have July and August.............the site is anything but busy. I would treat any statement that begins 'Danial Schon said', with the greatest of suspicion.

They did. There was a big article in Property Weekly the other week. They have a new investor on board, who injected a good amount of money into the project. The plan is to finish building after building. The site will be busy again by month end. Zone 1 will be ready this year. Zone 3 will be ready in 2015 and Zone 2&4 will be ready in 2016.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Been past a few times lately. There doesn't look like there is much activity on site, although it is not completely deserted. Nothing is going to be 'ready this year' although there is one building that seems like it might be ahead of the others.

·
Registered
260 Posts
What exactly is nice about it?
Its definitely not nice that not one building is occupied ten years after it was supposed to be completed, or that it if its ever completed it will only have a passing resemblance to the development that was promised to the buyers. A few buildings have finally made it up, and they are OK? Conceptually this may have had the potential to be a 'nice project', but its very unlikely it will end up as one.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Took a look today. It appears that some of the complete buildings may well be occupied now, but there is absolutely no on-going activity. The site 'looks' abandoned by the construction team.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Any news on this project?
Yep I was there today. Nothing has changed since I was last there. A couple of buildings from the planned 36 look complete but there does not appear to be any construction activity. From what is visible it would appear that the developer has milked this deal for what they can and abandoned it in favour of another development that they may or may not complete!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I had a look yesterday and I didn't see any activity. Worse than that , the units that are pretty much complete are falling into disrepair with cladding and tiling falling away. There are no current indications that this development is progressing.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Brilliant!

Fully twelve years after the launch of this project, the only thing moving is a drone!

Schon have failed miserably to do anything other than make a mess!

Its astonishing that they have got away with such a sham!

1 - 9 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.