SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1441 - 1460 of 1469 Posts

·
Face hate with love, always.
11,996 Posts
I wasn't following this project much but I noticed a surge in activity in the past year .. it is obvious if we compare 2 google earth pics, one from 2014 and the other from 2015:

2014:

2015:

So it is obvious that they started to build the buildings circled in Green and resumed working on the structure in black which was on hold for years now and topping out the structures circled in red to the north of the pic.

Hope this was a bit helpful guys

·
Registered
260 Posts
What exactly is nice about it?
Its definitely not nice that not one building is occupied ten years after it was supposed to be completed, or that it if its ever completed it will only have a passing resemblance to the development that was promised to the buyers. A few buildings have finally made it up, and they are OK? Conceptually this may have had the potential to be a 'nice project', but its very unlikely it will end up as one.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Took a look today. It appears that some of the complete buildings may well be occupied now, but there is absolutely no on-going activity. The site 'looks' abandoned by the construction team.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Any news on this project?
Yep I was there today. Nothing has changed since I was last there. A couple of buildings from the planned 36 look complete but there does not appear to be any construction activity. From what is visible it would appear that the developer has milked this deal for what they can and abandoned it in favour of another development that they may or may not complete!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Schon Properties transferred 2.33 million square feet of development at Dubai Lagoon to Xanadu Real Estate Development LLC, it was announced today. The move is part of the overall development of the Dh7 billion master-planned mixed-use project.

The agreement involves the development of three phases of Dubai Lagoon, including Rowan, Lilly and, Winterberry developments. Dubai Lagoon will now be developed by Xanadu Real Estate Development, a Dubai-based private developer.

Xanadu from PGS Gulf Contracting, established in 2010, was started by two engineers, Adel Al Breiki and Cenk Yabas. They have more than 40 years of global experience in property development, construction, sales and asset management. The company has residential developments worth more than Dh8 billion.
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/xana...e-feet-of-dubai-lagoon-from-schon-665190.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got an email yesterday from Schon Properties for Dubai Lagoon apartments for sale. Studios for 300,000 AED and 1 bedroom for 410,000 with wooden floors and luxury finishing. It seemed too good to be true, and from the looks of this thread, it is. Even if the buildings were completed, I doubt they will have the advertised finishing.

If the Project has been transferred to Xanadu, why are properties still being sold by Schon?

1441 - 1460 of 1469 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.