SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 10394 Posts

·
Dubai State of Mind
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that the 40 storey tower jutts out into the marina itself, so there is plenty of room for it to be built in front of the torch. I think this is likely to be in front of the torch. Notice how the angle means that the view for resident of the tower would face to the left towards marinascape.

If this is the case the Torch should still have quite a good marina view to the left. However it might block the view of grosvenor house which would be a shame to block with a commie tower.

·
King Kong
266 Posts
it would make more sense (wishful thinking really!) that the 40 floor tower to be between TT/MH and the shops and restaurant on the sales centre plot connected to the hotel. :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
It looks like the 40 storey tower could be on the left hand side of plot A5C and angled in such a way so that people get views down the length of the marina.

The mall seems to cover a much wider area – perhaps the right hand side of plot A5C and all of A5D, with Gourmet Tower being on A5E.

This could be bad news for marina facing/sea view owners (aspect 06) in floors 1-40 on the left side of the Torch.

·
Registered
114 Posts
It never fails to amaze me why you guys debate these issues rather than doing the obvious which I have just done as a Marina Heights owner by ringing Meinhardt in Singapore. I spoke to the project manager and the render you are debating is not in front of MH/TT but is the Marina Mall.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think the arch over the walkway looks great. At least it adds some individuality to the tower. Appart from all the graffiti that will cover the arch in a few years.
Do you think any communal open relaxation/childrens play areas will go in the Marina. With 200 towers it would be a good idea :)

·
the cynical one
448 Posts
Jacko said:
Look to the left of the picture, there is an arch over the walkway where the tower extends into the marina
I thought that is what was meant, although the render is at the wrong angle to see it properly. Also I thought Marina Promenade was on the other side of the Marina in front of JBR?

·
It's show time, folks!
1,762 Posts
Jacko said:
I think the arch over the walkway looks great. At least it adds some individuality to the tower. Appart from all the graffiti that will cover the arch in a few years.
:)
Have you ever seen any graffiti in Dubai????? :lol: :lol: I haven't!!!!!!!!! Not even in the underpasses in Deira.

·
It's show time, folks!
1,762 Posts
Karama???!! actually you're right, I have seen some there, but very "timid" attempts and nothing compared to Berlin, N.Y. or Paris. Anyway , I don't think the Marina is a "Graffiti" neighbourhood, do you?

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,963 Posts
u did not even get this was the marina mall ;) no wonder.

on the left side, the 40F tower, has an arch, which goes over the marina walkway/boulevard/promenade (i am not talking about the promenade towers) and stretches over the water, and the front of the tower sits on the this 2nd new reclaimed island, while the other one is for the restaurant island.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just dreaming of winter evenings walking around the marina promenade and wondering how long it will be before it resembles something other than a building site.

1 - 20 of 10394 Posts