Pit Complex

Management Building

Go Kart Center

Grand Stand

Grand Stand

Grand Stand

Grand Stand

Retail Area

The Dubai Autodrome and Business Park was launched last on March 30th by Union Properties at a glittering event. The project is 25 minutes outside central Dubai and will provide a Formula One standard race track. It is intended to bring flagship motor sport events to Dubai. The project was completed on time as scheduled. Parks and Residential Complex are under construction. Race Tracks and nessessary buildings are completed but other unnessessary building are still under construction.

The Dubai Autodrome & Business park is the first fully integrated automotive and motor sports facility in the Middle East region, incorporating a world class FIA sanctioned 5.35 km motor racing track, international standard pit lane complex with a "state-of-the-art" grandstand accommodating over 7,000 spectators as well as providing modern hospitality suites for corporate customers.

Modern units have been designed to provide offices, workshops, showrooms, warehouses and conference facilities for all types of activities in the automotive and associated industries creating a cohesive working environment from which a motor racing culture will develop and prosper. An international and local racing calendar will be established on the Autodrome to include Single Seater Racing, Touring Cars, Motor Bikes, Sports Cars and Karting.

The development will include air conditioned indoor karting, outdoor karting, a junior and senior moto cross center, racing academies, driving schools as well as a world class off road center. As an all year round destination venue for the family it will incorporate retail, leisure activities, restaurants, cafés and fast food outlets. The project will also include a hotel, serviced apartments and residential condominium style.

March 04

March 04

March 04

January 04

January 04

January 04

January 04

·
Registered
126 Posts
Looks great!! When is it going to start operating?? Next year??? The bahrain one is tomorrow!! Michael Schumacher is at the front of the starting grid:)

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
5,428 Posts
Great project , but i`m more into buildings and tourist projects than in racing :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

well, dubai boy, they only completed the nessesary building for racing needs
this project will also turn into a business park, and business always needs buildings
there will also be hotel, business, retail and residential complex too
so afterall, this project is also a building and tourist project

And how could you not like the design of the management building, pit complex, grand stand etc.? are'nt they outstanding:eek:

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,961 Posts
Did not realise how far along this one was
must be close by now

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
LG Super Racing Weekend to launch Dubai Autodrome
Global and regional digital leader LG Electronics is sponsoring the first Super Racing Weekend series to be held in the Middle East in Dubai, from October 6-8, 2004.

The event will officially launch the spectacular Dubai Autodrome, a part of the five billion dollar Dubailand project. The development has racing facilities approved by the FIA (Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile) and the FIM (Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme) with a world class 5.39 km Grade I racetrack and a 7000-seat grandstand. Eurosport and the FIA launched the LG Super Racing weekend in 2001 to showcase skilled driving. Races are held at top racetracks in Europe and this year's calendar will conclude in the Middle East, with the races in Dubai.

'We are delighted to support the evolution of the motor sports industry in the Middle East and host the LG Super Racing Weekend for the first time in the Middle East,' said K H Kim, President of LG Electronics, Middle East & Africa Operations. 'LG has been associated with the Super Racing Weekend series for the last three years and we believe it is the perfect launch vehicle for the Autodrome, a world class facility that will draw motor enthusiasts from all over the world to Dubai.'

The LG Super Racing Weekend series includes two FIA championships, the FIA GT and the FIA ETCC, and the Formula Renault V6 Championship. A logical progression from Formula Renault 2000, the V6 is highly sophisticated and adheres to a range of safety and budgetary criteria.

'Participating drivers are stars from Formula One and Formula 300 and include legendary drivers like Alessandro Zanardi who lost both his legs in an accident while competing in the US-based Champ car series. He is ranked 15th in the Drivers' Championship with three points, and drives a specially modified BMW,' said Kim.
'A dramatic Dubai showdown is on course as BMW is currently in the lead, ahead of current champions Alfa Romeo,' he added.

Three vehicle categories are approved for the 2004 ETCC: touring cars with normally aspirated petrol engines in compliance with the FIA's Super 2000 regulations; touring cars with turbodiesel engines in compliance with the FIA's Diesel 2000 regulations and touring cars with normally aspirated petrol engines in compliance with the FIA's Super Production regulations
The Super 2000 category stipulates at least a four-seater, four-door saloon with a minimum length of 4.2 metres. Engine capacity is limited to 2,000 cc and depending on the type of engine, various maximum engine speeds are permitted. Six-cylinders are allowed up to 9,000 revolutions a minute (four-cylinders 8,500 rpm, five-cylinders 8,750 rpm). Each engine must be used on at least two consecutive racing weekends. Spare cars (T-cars) and electronic driver aids of any kind are not allowed.

·
, , and , Fade to Black.
7,961 Posts
sounds great !
got a friend that works there she says it great job so far doing the media relations

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
maybe some of you want to go there, this is tough racing

it really is worth watching it, if you ever wanted to see

ferrari 575 maranello, dodge viper, lister storm, saleen s7, maserati mc12, lamborghini murcielago, porsche gt3 and nissan 350z in one race.

you better pack your oropax!!!! it's gonna be loud and fast!!!! GO THERE!!!!! i wish i could!

http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/lgsr/default.htm

you can buy tickets in virgin megastores in mercato, bur juman, city centre

·
Skyscraperexic Member
7,255 Posts
It will have only 7.000 spectators in all circuit, Is it provisional?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I dont think so dubai lover that 150,000 is min. Ive heard that before but im sure its much less now, coz bahrain had the formula one event and it definitly had less than 150.000 seats.

The track seems to have the same problem as the one in qatar. I see its dust everywhere. This weekend was the moto GP event in doha, and i was a marshell. I swear there was sand everywhere.. there has to be a solution to it!!

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
bahrain circuit is also new, so maybe the started with a lower capacity, but when they want to remain in the business they have to offer about 100.000 seats. 7000 for a formula 1 race. are you kidding me?
this won't work

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Well I dont have the exact number am guessing somewhere around 20,000 but there is no way its going to be around 100,000, not for a country of less than a million. But since the tickets are really expansive im sure they are still making the money they need. Ill research it and tell you!!

As for the dubai one, im really amazed, i just spent an hour looking over their website. Its really great! Im seriously planning to come to dubai this weekend just for the event, so if any one has any news or info about the race plz let me know. thank!

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
well, i've never been to a lg super racing weekend but what i've seen and heard it's supposed to be great

it's also something special as it's the first event. and the cars racing there are not that bad
fia gt championship:
ferrari 550 maranello gt, ferrari 575 maranello gt, ferrari 360 modena, dodge viper gts, lambo murcielago r-gt, maserati mc12, porsche gt3
500km or 3 hours racing non-stop

and 2 other series:
fia european touring car championship (bmw, seat, alfa romeo, peugeot, ford, honda
formula renault v6 eurocup (500hp)

so this is really aggressive racing, cars bumping each other

this is really woth-watching, if you get the chance go there, especially when you're a racing fan and love cool cars. a nice alternative to f1

any of you dubai locals. try to get there. the dubai event of the year!!!
if you go take your cam and take pics :D

1 - 20 of 415 Posts