SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Ruff 'n' Ready
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name : Dubai Creek Harbour Mall Project
Description : Construction of a large shopping mall covering a total built-up area of about 3 million square meters with 1.7 million square meters of retail, 550,000 square meters of residential, 180,000 square meters of residential, a 175,000-square-meter basement and a 40,000-square-meter hotel.
Territory : Dubai
Updated : July 30, 2017

R

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mall will be beside the the tower .. so .. it looks like that this area will be like Burj Khalifa and Dubai mall , and be so luxury !

The question now is which area will be more luxury .. this area or Island area ? can we expect?

·
Registered
189 Posts
This is going to be an absolutely massive job. We are talking $4bn-$5bn all told for all the packages. Slabwork and basement are megaprojects themselves, while the retail district also includes several towers of up to 52 floors, the central business district, a crescent, and an al-Manzil hotel. It's so big that the invited contractors have to form a consortium of a minimum of 5 prequalified contractors!

·
Registered
316 Posts
^^ I'm sure this design is far to be the final one... I expect something way more impressive and singular.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
~2km away from Festival City Mall;
~8km from Mirdiff City Center and Dragon Mart;
~12km from Dubai Mall

yes a new Mega-Mall makes totally sense there :)

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
~2km away from Festival City Mall;
~8km from Mirdiff City Center and Dragon Mart;
~12km from Dubai Mall

yes a new Mega-Mall makes totally sense there :)
Skyscrapers make sense too (SARC/)

Skyscraper make sense in planning however in reality they're left empty like many things in Dubai, how much malls is the now?

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
Malls are always overcrowded on Weekends .. would really love to have extra 3 or 4 to choose from instead of the usual ones plus I am sure this one won't be a cubic basic mall they will make it unique

·
city of the future
1,449 Posts
Malls are always overcrowded on Weekends .. would really love to have extra 3 or 4 to choose from instead of the usual ones plus I am sure this one won't be a cubic basic mall they will make it unique
Something unique and never done I am for, just not another suburban box mall. Would like something like they have in Asia, Like vertical instead of spread out

·
Urban Hermit
5,446 Posts
All visualisations show the mall with highrises on top, but all of them with different looking highrises (therefore random placeholders), so I think the plan for having highrises is there, but a design for them isn't there yet.

·
From Holland with love
5,226 Posts
Can we assume this is the new Downtown Dubai? it looks very similar to it
Yes, we can assume that. :)

This project basically follows the same lay-out as Downtown Dubai: an eye-catching megatall tower as a focal point, with a big mall underneath, and smaller towers around it that will be sold at high prices thanks to the view on the megatall tower.

Never forget that this project will be built by Emaar, the same developer who created Downtown Dubai. So it makes sense that they will repeat the same approach when it is profitable enough.

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
^^ but this time expect towers around this one to be wayy taller ... I wont be surprised if we end up with many 500 and 600m towers since you can go up to 800 and still won't make a big impact on the skyline with this giant tower in the center

·
Registered
316 Posts
^^ I don't think so because tall towers are obviously more expensive... Plus, "small" buildings mark the difference by comparing them to the DCT...

1 - 20 of 92 Posts