SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
So Dubai Square is pretty much the reimagined and relocated successor of The Mall of the World? I like it :cheers: The concept of an air conditioned mall which still feels like an outdoor space is awesome! :banana:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have said and repeated many times in this forum that Dubai needs a very crowded place like NY Times Square for spending time for visitors.

i gave an example a place like business bay to do This!

I said that Emaar have not payed attention to Green space in some projects like Downtown and Dubai Marina (they have only Palm trees an a little grass ;) ;) )

But with this New video that shows Dubai square project and the whole of Dubai creek harbor i can say that Emaar covered all Dubai needs in one Mega project!!

we will have beautiful parks , green spaces , retail destinations , hotels , res towers , varies entertainment and crowded places like other cities in the world but with modern design.:)
Congratulations to Emaar!!!!
I hope it will Finish completely.
it's really interesting!!! :banana:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
When is the mall expected to open? We can see a lot of construction work in the island and the Tower but nothing there for the moment...

I hope it will be open at the beginning of 2021.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Genius. Work with EK and get those transit passengers to leave the airport and spend money in Dubai. Maybe give EK passengers the option for multiple day layovers at no additional cost.

Emaar is targeting the 75 million transit passengers that pass through Dubai International Airport each year. “If we can make it possible for five or six million to visit Dubai Square during a 3-4-hour stopover, that would be great,” Mr Alabbar said.
https://www.thenational.ae/business...bedded-mall-at-dh10bn-retail-complex-1.753504

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
So Dubai Square is pretty much the reimagined and relocated successor of The Mall of the World? I like it :cheers: The concept of an air conditioned mall which still feels like an outdoor space is awesome! :banana:
Mall of the world was in a bad location. A project of that size wouldn't be right in that location. Already SZR is congested enough, and not to mention there were two mega-malls not too far away.

Reactions: gevorika78

·
Beat the Heat
1,524 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
I’m amazed with this new project. Dubai has been creating in recent years new retail formulas to minimize the indoor feeling created by malls: city walk, Dubai mall extension, la mer...
Dubai square is the perfection of all those formulas, in a huge scale and with the best design possible within a city street atmosphere. The result is a futuristic city covered by glass with minimum barriers between visitor and the sky. Absolutely beautiful!! BRAVO!

·
From Holland with love
5,226 Posts
Emaar has been creating in recent years new retail formulas to minimize the indoor feeling created by malls: city walk, Dubai mall extension, la mer...
City Walk and La Mer were developed by Meraas, not Emaar.

Besides that, I agree with you: Emaar has been developing a lot of great projects.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
The largest mall concept has been scrapped. Not sure what will happen but based on history, another concept with renderings will pop up sooner or later.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts