Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 492 Posts

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dubailand selected as venue for the Falcon City of Wonders

In the not too distant a future, people can travel to Dubailand to see most of the 'Wonders of the World' and at the same time have their life's most exclusive experience.

Falcon City of Wonders.
Dubailand has announced that it will host the 'Falcon City of Wonders', which will be developed by a leading local real estate developer. The AED 5.5 billion project will occupy an area of 4 million square meters.

An agreement to this effect was signed in Dubai by Saeed Al Muntafiq, Director General of Dubai Development and Investment Authority; and Salem Al Moosa, President of Falcon City of Wonders and a member of Salem Al Moosa. Also present at the signing ceremony were Salem bin Dasmal, Chief Executive officer of Dubailand.

Al Moosa said, 'Inspired by the vision of H.H General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Minister of Defence, this project will give the private sector the opportunity to participate in the development of this country.'

He added, 'We believe that success and growth has no ceiling and as much we give to our country and to our economy, as much it will grow. As wise people say, if there is a will, there is a way. And our way was clearly identified. Enthused and encouraged by all this, we decided to keep on contributing in the growth and evolution of Dubai by launching this project, which will be one of a kind -- not only at the regional level -- but also at the international level. This project will teach us about the times and cultures of peoples from different ages past and from various parts of the world.'

Al Moosa said that Phase 1 of the project is expected to be ready by 2007, according to studies carried out by experts and engineering consultants at WS Atkins Engineering Consultants who conducted the project's feasibility study as well as Klininc , the German company who envisioned the entertainment area of the project.

Saeed Al Muntafiq Director General of Dubai Development and Investment Authority said, 'Falcon City of Wonders will be one of our most awe-inspiring projects at Dubailand. It will be an experience to visit. Falcon City of Wonders will not only engage our imagination, it will also be an educative experience.'

Al Muntafiq added, 'Falcon City of Wonders will stretch the limits of our credulity regarding what man can achieve when he is motivated enough. In some ways, the Wonders of the World featured at Falcon City will remind us that at Dubailand too - as in Dubai as a whole - we are capable of transforming into reality what we can dream of.'

Land of civilisations

Falcon City of Wonders will accommodate and combine in a highly pleasant mix various commercial, residential, educational and leisure amenities with entertainment facilities. In addition to this, the Falcon City of Wonders - as the name suggests - will house famous attractions from different spots in the world like the Pyramids, the Hanging Gardens of Babylonia which will also feature a relaxing resort, the Eiffel Tower hotel, and the Taj Mahal and the Leaning Tower of Pisa hotels. It will be a land of civilisations.

The project will feature a fun city inspired by the Pharaohs' era. This will be divided into three areas: Pharaoh's Theme Park, which will be located by the main entrance and will include the old plaza of Alexandria, the Pyramid of Giza, Cleopatra Oasis, the great Nile and the amazing virtual reality games. The Kings Valley will be the centre of all the fun and games in addition to the 'Mirage', the land of fantasy, the shows areas, a stage for interesting light and sound shows, Sindbad and Ali Baba.

The project will feature a unique exterior, reflecting the falcon, which is the UAE's mark. Also, the falcon wings will feature a number of elegant villas and compounds. The project will also include shopping malls, hotels, health and fitness centres, schools, and parks.

The Falcon City of Wonders is an exceptional creation adding yet another unique facet to world-beating tourism, lifestyle, entertainment and leisure facilities that are being developed at Dubailand. It will be designed as a handsomely distinguished city where historical landmarks, a state-of-the-art theme park and modern lifestyle will all come together to honour cultures and to celebrate diversity of civilisations.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i also guess this is an offspring of "the jewel/yoharah" project which collapsed/fraud case... they also had eiffel tower, pyramids, babylonia stuff and the leaning tower of pisa and much much more

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dubailand to get Dh5.5b Falcon City of Wonders

Dubai: A new project called Falcon City of Wonders will be built at a cost of Dh5.5 billion at Dubailand, development representatives said.

An agreement was signed in Dubai by Saeed Al Muntafiq, director-general of the Dubai Development and Investment Authority, and Salem Al Moosa, president of the Falcon City of Wonders and a member of the Salem Al Moosa Group. The project will occupy four million square metres.

Also present at the signing ceremony was Salem Bin Dasmal, chief executive of Dubailand.

"Inspired by the vision of General Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Minister of Defence, this project will give the private sector the opportunity to participate in the development of this country," Al Moosa said.

"We believe success and growth have no limit. Our country and our economy will grow in proportion to our efforts. As wise people say, 'if there is a will, there is a way'. And our way has been clearly identified," Al Moosa said.

Phase one of the project is expected to be ready by 2007, according to studies carried out by W.S. Atkins Engineering Consultants, Al Moosa said. Klininc, a German firm, envisioned the project's entertainment area.

"Falcon City of Wonders will be one of our most awe-inspiring projects at Dubailand. It will be an [exciting destination] to visit. Falcon City of Wonders will not only engage our imagination, it will also be an educational experience," said Saeed Al Muntafiq, director-general of the Dubai Development and Investment Authority.

Attractions

Combination of various facilities

Falcon City of Wonders will combine various commercial, residential, educational and leisure amenities with entertainment facilities, development representatives said.

In addition to this, Falcon City of Wonders as the name suggests will house attractions based on famous sites found in different parts of the world, such as the Pyramids and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon (which will also feature a resort). It will also feature an Eiffel Tower-themed hotel, and separate Taj Mahal- and Leaning Tower of Pisa-themed hotels. It will be a land of civilisations.

The project will feature a fun city inspired by the era of the pharaohs, development representatives said. This project will include the Pharaohs Theme Park, which will be located by the main entrance.

The project will feature a unique exterior based on the majestic falcon, which is symbolic of the UAE. The falcon wings will feature a number of elegant villas and compounds. The project will also include shopping malls, hotels, health and fitness centres, schools and parks.

·
Under the Burj
3,491 Posts
Dubai-Lover said:
interesting, they will build the eiffel tower and the leaning tower of pisa
in original size? :D

Apparently the eifel tower hotel will be 10% larger than the one in paris!!!!!

well i dont see the point,
but if it pisses of the french, thats good enough for me!

·
Registered
133 Posts
DUBAI said:
well i dont see the point,
but if it pisses of the french, thats good enough for me!
It wont piss the french!

Why dont they get it :(

Building replicas isnt really original thing that will atract people.
Get some new and fresh ideas! (OK. Threre are also new things coming up too ;) )

·
3,636 Posts
Rcd said:
It wont piss the french!

Why dont they get it :(

Building replicas isnt really original thing that will atract people.
Get some new and fresh ideas! (OK. Threre are also new things coming up too ;) )
I think that the design of the Eiffel Tower is somehow copyrighted and belongs to the City of Paris. So they will allow overseas developers to build replicas but no taller than 50% the size of the original one (so that's roughly 150m).

·
Under the Burj
3,491 Posts
you cant copywite the profile of a building over 100 years, as long as the construction framing is different, which it will be as the building will be a hotel, i cant see the french being able to do anything more than tearing down the tower in paris and rebuilding it a bit bigger

i told a french friend of mine... it was soo funny.. they get so angry and...french about the whole thing!!!!

muhuahuahuahuahua...cheers dubai!¬

·
3,636 Posts
DUBAI said:
you cant copywite the profile of a building over 100 years, as long as the construction framing is different, which it will be as the building will be a hotel, i cant see the french being able to do anything more than tearing down the tower in paris and rebuilding it a bit bigger

i told a french friend of mine... it was soo funny.. they get so angry and...french about the whole thing!!!!

muhuahuahuahuahua...cheers dubai!¬
Your french friend must be a bit retarded, I don't see any reason to care ;-)

You're right about the 100-years copyright thing, the fact is it got kind of renewed when they built the new lighting system in year 2000 (you can check this on the Eiffel Tower's official website, they even don't allow to publish night photographs of the tower without prior consent, which I find a bit dumb, but well... ). So I guess now you have to wait year 2100... :-/

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rcd said:
There is already replica in Las Vegas. Dunno the how big it is.
yes the paris hotel in vegas
they're good at copying things :D
luxor hotel, new york new york hotel, st. venetian,...

the one in vegas is half the size of the original if not smaller

i can't imagine how they want to put a hotel in there

·
Registered
32,114 Posts
It's a Eifel Tower - THEMED Hotel and not a Eifel Tower replica with a hotel in it.

There's a big difference.

Same with Taj Mahal and Leaning Tower of Pisa.

1 - 20 of 492 Posts