Skyscraper City Forum banner
1381 - 1400 of 1470 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
A new YouTube video is posted by Martin McHugh (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MRnY_1PFh-N1DSMsANQUA). Including a lot of high buildings in Gothenburg. Amongst them Karlatornet. They have completed ✅ the 17th floor and are now on the way to prepare to cast the 18th floor. The central core is up to 19th or perhaps 20th floor. Hard to see. Will be back in Gothenburg next week taking more ground photos. The facade has also been worked on. they has almost completed two sides up to floor 5.

The link to the full movie.

·
Registered
97 Posts
A new YouTube video is posted by Martin McHugh (
). They have completed ✅ the 18th floor and are now on the way to prepare to cast the 18th floor. The central core is up to 20th or perhaps 21th floor. Hard to see. . The facade has also been worked on. they has almost completed two sides up to floor 6.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got to know that sales of apartments in Karlatornet will restart in early or mid November. What are you thoughts on apartments in Karlatornet?
Sales have been on hold for a year, maybe longer. I think that a lot of initial buyers cancelled their contracts when the construction went on hold in 2020.

·
Mod nye projekter
9,936 Posts
I got to know that sales of apartments in Karlatornet will restart in early or mid November. What are you thoughts on apartments in Karlatornet?
Sales have been on hold for a year, maybe longer. I think that a lot of initial buyers cancelled their contracts when the construction went on hold in 2020.
Iove the building size, the design, the ambitions of the project. Though despite the fantastic view, I probably never would buy and live in a highrise.
My 4/5th floor apartment is enough for me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi apparatens have been on sale up to may this year, even if the production of the building has been on a standstill. They are coming back on the market as of now (See the link down below.) . Now there are 12 appartements up for sale. In Karlatornets newsletter earlier this week, thy said that of a total of 611 appartments there are now still approx 160 free apartments left. Before the summer there were approx 70 appartments left. So from my conclusion this means that approx 90 appartments have been returned by buyers.

Best regards Matthew

·
Registered
361 Posts
. Now there are 12 appartements up for sale. In Karlatornets newsletter earlier this week, thy said that of a total of 611 appartments there are now still approx 160 free apartments left. Before the summer there were approx 70 appartments left. So from my conclusion this means that approx 90 appartments have been returned by buyers.

Best regards Matthew

Where do you sign upp for the free apartments? :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Iove the building size, the design, the ambitions of the project. Though despite the fantastic view, I probably never would buy and live in a highrise.
My 4/5th floor apartment is enough for me.
It's not a highrise but a skyscraper. Don't know if the definition of a skyscraper still is the same as it used to but in the past all buildings >150m (obviously doesn't include all structures like towers, masts and such) was classified as skyscrapers. Highrises are certainly not as tall :). However I totally agree with you on living in a flat up there in midair without a balcony. If a fire broke out blocking the stairwell and elevator it would result in a horrific death (either burnt alive or me jumping out the window).

Either way I still love skyscrapers....

·
Registered
279 Posts
Totally irrational, but I like the idea that one have a chance to survive if a fire breaks out.
Especially if it include my family.
Better safe than sorry I guess. But following that principle you can't work in a tall building or stay in hotels etc, never go above floor 4 anywhere.

However I totally agree with you on living in a flat up there in midair without a balcony. If a fire broke out blocking the stairwell and elevator it would result in a horrific death (either burnt alive or me jumping out the window).

Not sure you're that much safer on 5th floor if that happens, especially since I assume fire protection of different kinds are in the design and better in modern buildings.

1381 - 1400 of 1470 Posts