SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lakketorget is located in downtown Oslo right next to the river Akerselva and right between cityparts Grunerløkka, Grønland and Tøyen. A huge quartal which will contain both a lot of apartments, a couple of office buildings (closest to the road) and they will also replace the existing sportshall. That is a great idea, because cities dont need much valued indoor and outdoor sportsleisure activities.

I think this could be a cool and very well thought through project. Seems to be quite high density, but with roads on all sides and extremely close to the city centre this is the kind of development this area needs. Today its only used as a carwash, church (will be kept) and sportshall and a place for selling used articles of some sort.

Alternative 1:

Alternative 2:

:banana::banana::banana::cheers:

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
How hard is it to just build something in ordinary quarter style?
Why dose every developer wants to move Groruddalen in to the inner city?

I feel something along these lines would be more fitting in the area:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To some extent i agree with you. But i also want to see a more differentiated city. Off course, one could take the Paris route, and just say, **** it, every building is 6 floors and must have 30 % on the roof angle, so pretty much nothing changes in the topography. But with Oslo, and Norway as a whole has very different topography and therefore needs more different heights in buildings as well. Also nice to think about the environment and with higher buildings we actually consume less energy.

But when you say "move Groruddalen to the inner city" i seriously dont understand what youre going for. This is a high density office/apartment/sportcentre with multiple buildings on a rather small amount of area. I couldnt possible see how that you connect that with Groruddalen, which lacks all of the above.

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
To some extent i agree with you. But i also want to see a more differentiated city. Off course, one could take the Paris route, and just say, **** it, every building is 6 floors and must have 30 % on the roof angle, so pretty much nothing changes in the topography. But with Oslo, and Norway as a whole has very different topography and therefore needs more different heights in buildings as well. Also nice to think about the environment and with higher buildings we actually consume less energy.
I have nothing against variation in heights. But it would be better with those differents heights in a ordinary grid plan à la Kvadraturen.

But when you say "move Groruddalen to the inner city" i seriously dont understand what youre going for. This is a high density office/apartment/sportcentre with multiple buildings on a rather small amount of area. I couldnt possible see how that you connect that with Groruddalen, which lacks all of the above.
I think Groruddalen whenever I see free-standing blocks with paths of green in between them . I don't think such devolpments fits inside the inner city.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
The proposal has not been praised here because of it's suburban nature, that is not a density issue - i also think the industrial buildings are valuable. I love Akerselva, and what we have seen the last years for proposals have been just rubbish. Especially in such a central area with large social issues as a drug-corridor i feel this proposal ignores this important issue completely, and it's not acceptable.

On another note, what's with the 3-floor cornerbuilding there? This is fitting for a 9fl+ making a gate with the recently built tower across the street?

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
Surely it would be in the developer own best interest to keep it as a closed, traditional quarter. More blocks = more money. Not to mention that the blocks in the backyard would get less noise and thus be worth more.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
As said before, I looooove this proposal. Nice buildings in quarter style, pluss highrises in the backyard!!! Can't be better than that in the innercity! A perfect model for future development in Oslo :cheers:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
this seems like a good development, blending well with the old buildings they appear to be retaining and opening nicely onto the river.

i just hope that the little bit of road in front of the church will be removed.

but, yes, a good balance of volume and space in an area that really needs attention.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts