SkyscraperCity banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧ&#
10,939 Posts
Mizin awards phase II of infrastructure works to Bin Laden and ERC

Mizin, the real estate development arm of Tatweer, has awarded Phase II infrastructure works on the Liwan, Arjan and Majan master developments.

The contracts worth several million dirhams have been awarded to Bin Laden Construction and Emirates Roads Contracting (ERC).

Following the successful and timely completion of Phase-I infrastructure works at Liwan, Arjan and Majan, which included the installation of multi-lane road systems and street lighting, Phase-II infrastructure works involves the construction of networks for water, power supply, irrigation facilities, sewerage and drainage, as well as the telecom infrastructure, across the combined area of almost 50 million square foot.

It will also ensure the creation of well-defined sidewalks and pathways, with landscaped areas.

Ahmad Sharaf, CEO of Tatweer Investments, said: "The scheduled delivery of each infrastructure phase is testament to Mizin's commitment to meet construction milestones within the three projects. This allows investors access to the site and enables them to develop their projects with a timely and structured approach."

Mizin revealed that an extensive pre-qualification process was conducted prior to awarding the contracts to ensure that Phase-II infrastructure work at the three communities would be on par with the master planner's rigorous quality and delivery standards.

Phase II infrastructure works on all three communities are due for completion by mid-year 2010.

Arjan, Liwan and Majan are mixed use developments located in Dubailand on the Emirates Road. Upon completion, the three developments will house over 187,000 residents.

Arjan is situated at the meeting point of old and new Dubai. The development spans a 20 million sq ft site and will accommodate 67,000 residents in properties featuring a distinctive Art Deco architectural style.

Arjan also boasts the first dedicated open air amphitheatre.

Liwan is projected to become the Gateway to the New Dubai with 65 per cent of its 13 million sq ft area dedicated to open spaces. On completion, Liwan will be home to 35,000 people.

Majan, accessible by the Emirates Road, is set to become the Downtown of Dubailand and is expected to accommodate over 85,000 people within the 16.5 million sq ft area.

Since its inception in September 2006, Mizin has launched four strategically located communities Majan, Liwan, Arjan and Remraam, covering a area of over 73 million sq ft.

http://www.business24-7.ae/Articles/2008/11/Pages/11302008_ebae9d15efda4aeea183edc0bb0486ec.aspx

·
Yes We Can !
2,774 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just saw construction updates - progress is very slow.. Anyone knows possible starting date for R092?
Anyone knows when it is expected completion time? Cause it is preety clear that it won't be end of 2009 as it is written in contract. But can we hope it could be end of 2010. or is this date also utopic?

·
Yes We Can !
2,774 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Q Point

I had the same situation every person told me that the project is on time :S .......but finally a someone told me the project would be completed by mid May 2010 .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Construction Updates

Hi, I am owner of a flat in plot R-047. I was waiting when Mazaya will start construction on this plot. Finally they started Excavation, as per 'construction update newsletter' received for the month of march.

If you have NOT received the news letter, you can find the construction update pictures of all plots in the below mentioned link.

Log on to www.mazayarealestate.com & follow the path: > Our Projects > DXB > Queue Point > click drop down > Construction pictures.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Liwan

Buddy dont you think its too early to think about it too!! Went to site last week around 14 buildings are in various stages from what i could see, hope we get through this soon. Any updates any one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone knows what is happening in Dubai? Will this new crisis affect on completion of Liwan project ( Queue Point )???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update from Mazaya

Dear All,
Hope all the queue point owners might have received the 'client update form'. I called Mazaya to find out the completion date of Liwan project. I got the reply that, all Queue point properties will be completed and handed over to the owners, before end of 2010 (hope before 31/12/2010).

Please find below the extract of clause from my 'Purchase and Sale Agreement'.

Clause 5.7 - "It is anticipated that the Building will be completed on or before Fourth Quarter, 2009, provided that such date may be extended by the Seller, in its sole discretion, by up to twelve (12) months to reflect any delay in respect of the building works on the Purchased Property. Except for delays caused by Force Majeure Events, if the Buyer shall have fulfilled all of Buyer's obligations of payment and the Seller is unable to deliver possession of the Purchased Property by Fourth Quarter, 2010, the Buyer may by written notice to the Seller terminate this Agreement, and following such termination the Seller shall repay, without interest, the payments then already made towards the Purchase Price by the Buyer (including the Deposit) and such shall be the sole and exclusive remedy of the Buyer; and the Buyer may not claim any other rights and the Seller shall not be under any obligation to pay any other amounts for any reason whatsoever."

The above clause clearly says, the maximum delay can be up to 31/12/2010.
The only exception for non delivery of the property before 31/12/2010 is the delay caused by "Force Majeure Events". But I don’t find any events so for happened by "Force Majeure Events". Thank god "Recession" is not included in the description of "Force Majeure Events".

Moreover I feel Mazaya will stick to the new Delivery date of 31/12/2010, because, As you all know, Mazaya is not a small construction company. It is a listed company in almost all GCC countries. If they plan to give the delivery of the property beyond Dec 2010, then they are under HUGE RISK of contingent liability payable to buyers. As per my calculation, the amount they may risk is around AED 2.80 Billion [ 50 Plots X 80 Flats (aprox) X AED 700,000 (Average) ]. I feel this is HUGE in Recession time.

Also note, the Risk of Contingent Liability, is apart from the Construction cost and other costs, what they spent so for in this project.

What I said above is just Financial loss and commitments from Mazaya. This will have HUGE impact on the companies goodwill and will affect all other Mazaya project and the Company existence in whole.

So, What I feel is Mazaya will be aware of all the risk is said above and will deliver the properties before 31/12/2010.

Dear Owners, Kindly give your comment on my posting.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi, what problem are you talking about or referring to?

Just so you know...Tatweer is no longer in the equation, all of its companies, including Mizin, are now part of Dubai Properties. Mizin is the master developer and the project has been handed over to Mazaya for completion.

·
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧ&#
10,939 Posts
Dubai Properties set to deliver projects

Company makes completion of structures a priority

By Nicole Walter, Senior Reporter
Published: 00:00 October 5, 2010

Dubai: Dubai Properties Group (DPG) is focusing on the delivery of existing projects for the remainder of this year and will be set to announce where the rest are heading in 2011.

"We're now in the phase of challenge we must manage carefully. The strategy is to review projects and coordinate closely with all concerned parties to successfully deliver," Khalid Al Malek, group CEO of Dubai Properties Group, told Gulf News.

Less advanced projects are on hold. But Al Malek stressed that none has been cancelled but it is rather about when to bring them back to the market.

"We're reviewing each of them and will have clarity to announce the details next year," he added. The Culture Village, where Damac and Sunland Group have projects, for example, and The Lagoons, Al Malek said are going ahead. Why cancel a beautiful project like The Lagoons, for example, he said.

"We have investors into the project and will support them and are coordinating with the authorities to make sure the infrastructure is there. If developers are serious they can get on with building their projects," he said.

New areas

Dubailand's myriad developments include the cities of Arjan, Liwan and Majan. Malek said that new areas are being defined and new projects will be announced in the first quarter of 2011.

The Mudon development, where the Cairo townhouses have been under construction, is still on hold and under review.

In the meantime the developer continues to focus on the completion and delivery of existing projects. Phase one of Remraam and The Villa phase two, both in Dubailand, are being prepared for delivery in the second quarter of next year.

The leasing portfolio is the developer's other main focus. Mirdif's Shorooq development has a waiting list, Al Malek said.

http://gulfnews.com/business/property/gulf/dubai-properties-set-to-deliver-projects-1.691873

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks, the following link gives you the full list of projects on the RERA site:

http://www.rpdubai.com/rpdubai/home/projects.do?lang=0

Search for Liwan and you will find all of their projects with individual buildings (R004 for e.g.). The last column gives you a progress indicator. To see what the progress indicator for each building means, click here for the guide:

http://www.rpdubai.com/rpdubai/jsp/...ProgressIndicator/guide.jpg&projectName=Guide

According to the indicator of R004, the progress bar has 2 out of 5 bars (could mean 40% completed, more or less) and a red or orange arrow below it which could either mean "Progressing but delayed" or "Progressing but critically delayed".

Note however, you can click on the progress bar next to each project and view details of status, which is quite old now - the inspection for R004 for example was carried out in May of this year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Guys if Dubai gets the 2020 games that would certainly have a great overflow on the real estate market.

Liwanowner:As far as I know I have not received anything in writing either from Mazaya nor Rera specifying a new copletion date. Have you???

the last I got was verbally from Mazaya that completion is expected by Q2-Q3 2011.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guys!

quick question, did anybody go to RERA and asked about the approval of the delay?

Another thing, i am suggesting the following times/places for a meet up, and lets vote on the most suitable one for everybody:

Times/Dates:
Saturday 15th of January at 6pm
Monday 17th of January at 6pm
Friday 21st of January at 4pm

Places:
Burjuman (maybe starbucks or coffee bean)
Mirdiff City Centre (More cafe)

Please lets try to vote quickly so we can unify on an action!!!!!

thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
As for press, i can get contacts in media (especially that i am in advertising!!) that would help us get the story out. Maybe this can be discussed further in the meet-up.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts