SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Construction Paradise
12,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mizin announces Majan - the down town of Dubailand
Mizin, the real estate development company of Tatweer, announced today the launch of Majan, a modern mixed use development incorporating residential, commercial, retail, leisure and cultural sectors, representing downtown Dubailand.
United Arab Emirates: 2 hours, 6 minutes ago PRESS RELEASE

Majan.

The project will drive an investment of AED 15 billion within a period of three years.

Located on the Emirates Road, nearby Global Village, the 16.5 million sq ft freehold development will consist of three components: 32 per cent of the area will comprise residential units, 44 per cent will be dedicated for retail and entertainment, and 24 per cent for commercial units.

Saeed Al Muntafiq, CEO of Tatweer said:

'The unique mixed use development illustrates Mizin's vision of creating economic sustainability by providing diverse facilities that are expected from a metropolitan centre for Dubailand, the largest leisure and entertainment project in the world.'

The upscale project is being sold as freehold plots of land to investors, who will develop their acquired plots that comply with Mizin's design guidelines.

The main infrastructure work, comprising the road, water, and electricity networks of Phase 1, will be concluded by December 2006.

Dubailand is currently developing 45 attractions expected to attract over 5 million visitors per year by 2010. It will also have around 400,000 people working and living in it.

'Majan, the downtown of Dubailand, was carefully designed to meet the business, residential, leisure and retail needs of the residents, professionals and visitors of the mega project Dubailand,' said Sami Al Hashimi CEO of Mizin, 'In addition, Mizin is placing a special effort to make sure that Majan will introduce new standards of execution and delivery. A total of 150 towers will shape the Majan skyline.'

·
Ruff 'n' Ready
3,746 Posts
cool. where else culd it be...im sure it the city bit...they prolly renamed it...hopefully MEED will clear up its location...also I hope we get that 4 uber tall tower structure in there...as shown in those pics of the model.

R

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,963 Posts
wow and more of these massive projects in Dubailand, i like the fact it is mainly entertainment..

but still.. near global village, it can't be directly on ER and i also doubt it is The City.

it does look like part of this Bawadi Model, the one with the massive towers in the back

·
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
9,583 Posts
It IS the city and is opposite city of arabia. Check google earth and you'll see the outer road is shaped like in the render above

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,963 Posts
you might be right.. i still doubt it though, there have already been plot sold for the city.

not sure.
anyway i would prefer it that way, there is already too much going on in Dubailand.

Tatweer.. that is why i thought it might be part of bawadi somehow.

·
Banned
436 Posts
Dubai is forming too many "downtown" tower clusters.

What sort of "entertainment" can be offered in these towers? And all that retail space in addition to Mall of Arabia?

·
Dubai State of Mind
8,592 Posts
Only 44 % is retail and entertainment in a Dubailand project so much for entertainments projects. This really sucks! What is the entertainment, more shopping?! Like we need more towers here! :eek:hno:

What happened to the decree that only entertainment projects are to be allowed in DubaiLand.

Im off to Disney World to get some entertainment :runaway:

·
Yes We Can !
2,772 Posts
Hey Majan really is "The City" there is the Dome and Mall of Arabia in the left of the picture

·
Yes We Can !
2,772 Posts
Which company is making the renders for the Dubai projects? Do they have a website?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts