SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Yes We Can !
2,772 Posts
Hey guys!

I just came back to Switzerland and at the train station in Bern i read something about Marjan in a German speaking "Dubai-Magazine". They say there will be 150 towers in Majan and that they would be modeled after the architecture of New York. Furthermore, Arjan used to be "Athenopolis" until they renamed it and Liwan was known as "Frisco Heights". The construction start for the majority of those buildings is 2007. The four large towers in the middle of Marjan will be called "Iconic Towers Dubai" or something like that. and will all be over 300m. Wild Water Wadi Park will be demolished when Aqua Dunya will open and they will use the land for Highrise structures....

Thats everything I can remember. They also had some very nice renderings where the "Iconic Towers" looked a bit like the Emirates Towers.

If anyone finds this magazine again, please correct me...

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,963 Posts
^^ i have this magazine at home, it is not that good and does not provide a lot of new information.

i will see through it again and give u the details but there is not much new stuff.

i can't remember the Wild Wadi part, that would be :eek2:

·
Yes We Can !
2,772 Posts
They say it in the Marjan artile.

·
Dubai State of Mind
8,592 Posts
No way - they can't destroy wild wadi - that is one of the reasons that I visit Dubai. Even though they would have Aqua Duna that is too far away to go if staying at Jumeirah Beah hotel etc. JBH would loose a LOT of business. Can not see this hapenning does not make sense at all.

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,963 Posts
i looked it up and it is true but they don't give any source. however the land is very valueable and according to the article they intend to build a luxury hotel tower there.

However i doubt JBH would loose a lot of business.

·
32,083 Posts
Isn't WW too close to BAA to build another hotel there?

Me too would preffer the park to stay but I guess the beach infront of it is underused, even that the Burj Al Arab guests that sunbath there, would prefer it to stay that way.

·
32,083 Posts
Flo, I know very well that there is anough land on the site of WW to build another hotel there.

The point is that a hotel there, especially a tower, will block land views from BAA and will shadow it, effecting the landmark status of BAA. Also the beach in front of Wild Wide belongs to Burj Al Arab. Where will the BAA guests go for a sun bath? Certanly not sharing it with guests from another hotel, as they are not doing currently with the guests of Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

However, despite the so called "German Efficency" it was just a magazine article and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,963 Posts
^^ first of all i also think this will not happen before 2012 if ever.

but then i think they will be able to incorporate both the needs of JBH, BAA AND a new hotel when it comes to the beach use. for a matter of fact parts of the madinat jumeirah side might be used by Burj Al Arab.

And a 15-25F towers will by no means outshadow burj al arab. however i do not support this, no doubt.

·
Kool Kat
12,522 Posts
Majan initial infrastructure works complete

Mizin, the real estate development company of Tatweer, announced the completion of road works at Majan, Downtown Dubailand, the 16.5 million sq ft freehold mixed use development located next to the Emirates Road.

Investors to Commence Construction Work at 16.5m sq ft Freehold Mixed Use Development

Investors are now entitled to commence work on their respective plots with immediate effect. This is in line with Mizin's development strategy, which stipulates the early completion of preliminary infrastructure work to enable investors develop their properties with the least time delay.

Sami Al Hashmi, CEO, Mizin said: 'Mizin has set a new benchmark in the market, and is emerging as a unique model for efficient planning. With the completion of road works on schedule, we have delivered on our promise to open Majan to investors after the completion of the final planning phase and initial infrastructure work.

'Our proactive approach is one of the primary reasons Mizin has gained a strong reputation in the market in a remarkably short period of time. It is not just time that is our focus, we also ensure that all our offerings conform to the highest industry quality standards.'

Al Hashmi added that Mizin's memorandum of understanding with Dubai Municipality ensures streamlined and fast track progress on all Mizin developments, which also include the 13 million sq ft Liwan and the AED 3.3 billion development Arjan.

An upscale freehold project, Mizin will comprise 150 towers and include residential, retain, entertainment and commercial units. It will be located opposite the City of Arabia, the largest mall in the world when completed.

Launched in September 2006, Mizin aims to take the traditional concept of real-estate development to new levels with unique value propositions, while conforming to global quality standards.

·
Back in the Sandpit
14,963 Posts
^^ i think CoA is on a more advanced stage than this, they are digging the waterways and had soil testing going on, piling is probably underway for some projects as well.

however i must admit those guys are fast :eek:!

·
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
9,583 Posts
Road works completed at Majan

Mizin, the real estate development company of Tatweer, has completed the roadworks at Majan, Downtown Dubailand, the 16.5 million sq ft freehold mixed-use development located next to the Emirates Road.

Investors are now entitled to commence work on their respective plots with immediate effect, said an official spokesman.
This is in line with Mizin’s development strategy, which stipulates the early completion of preliminary infrastructure work to enable investors develop their properties with the least time delay.
“Mizin has set a new benchmark in the market, and is emerging as a unique model for efficient planning. With the completion of roadworks on schedule, we have delivered on our promise to open Majan to investors after the completion of the final planning phase and initial infrastructure work,” said CEO of Mizin Sami Al Hashmi.
An upscale freehold project, Majan will comprise 150 towers and include residential, retain, entertainment and commercial units. It will be located opposite the City of Arabia, the largest mall in the world when completed.

http://www.gulfconstructiononline.com/Articles.asp?Article=8406

41 - 60 of 90 Posts