81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
an Aerial shot from Jens Panduro:

·
Registered
125 Posts
such a cool project. but may i ask what kind of tree/bush is that on the picture. the one with dead leaves:

·
Registered
921 Posts
On one of the hot summer days before the weather changed there was an open house for neighbors to the project. I've been busy and haven't had a look at the pictures I took with my failing phone camera until now, and they're really not any good, but I'll share them anyway with comments so they make some sense. They'll do more open houses in the future and if someone with a good camera wants to come along let me know, and I'll contact you then (no idea when, probably not before next spring).

First we're in the first of two major rooms in the large middle building running parallel with Sølvgade. Roof was opened up to remove the old and put in new larger I-beams that will hold up the floor above (you can see what is left of the old in the walls). Note the removed paint / cement. In an old building like this there are materials no longer allowed (among them lead). One of the cost savings undertaken is to only remove these where they will punch holes in walls for installations or larger door ways. So when you see removals you can get a sense of where future work will be done.

Second large room had a pleasant surprise with a beautiful painted ceiling that was hidden before. If I remember correctly they'll keep it as is.

From this room looking out towards Sølvgade we see the beginning of the dig that will carry the tall glass construction. One of the cost savings is that the depth is much diminished in the final project.

We're now in the building furthest towards SMK and Geologisk Museum. I just love the colors they used back in the day.

Fine brickwork detailing all over. Here between the buildings as seen from temporary walkways.

I wish this picture was better as it doesn't do it any justice. The view up Gammeltoftsgade towards Mærsk Tårnet and Nordtårnet at Nørrebro Station.

Finally a large panorama of the main dig. They've been lucky so far with the groundwork. No major surprises underground, which has given the project a small time buffer. They're currently in the process of anchoring the the concrete walls into the stronger chalk layers deep underground. Off the top of my head these steel wires will be up to 22 meters long.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts