·
Registered
5,497 Posts

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Discussion moved from the general Danish highrise thread:

I think so too, but I couldn't find any data on the height... Dunno if it will be a sensitive topic due to local protests?

Anyway a nice design, hope it gets built and will help improve the local area with more workplaces and a better urban environment.
^^...and there will be trouble.

(Looking forward to reading the report in detail; what do you guys think of Foster's proposal?)

Of course there will be trouble, there always is, but I think that it has very good chances. There is an immense need for this expansion and it will be totally unbearable if it is turned down and a plan B will be needed. Politicians will know that. I think it also matters a lot that this is about something sp easy to sell as cancer research etc - as opposed to some international company which we have as much of a need for in the city but tend to provoke negative vibes among a lot of people. Here the politicians will have a lot preassure to approave and all the legitimacy they need from the good cayse.

As for the design I also think the winner will by much easier to sell to people which are sceptic but not notoriously opposed to ANY new project. I think a more glassy and transparant, colder design would have been much more controversial and I actually agree that it would have appeared alian in this part of town. And come on it is really not very tall at all - plus the current Panum building is not exactly popular. Lastly the money are actually there which in these times is another major adventage talking in its favour. All in all, I feal quite confident that it will go through.

C. F. Møller aso owe us something nice in Cph. after the extension of the national gallery, DGI and Matropolen (which Arkitektgruppen may be to blame for ended up so disappointing). Right now all their best projects have been abroad imo.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^
Good reasons you here describe Ramblersen, and I can contribute with a couple more, for example the size of the site that is pretty big, and there are a relatively long distance to the nearest residents, the area is dominated by the church Sct. Johannes and a Kindergarten and of course Panum itself, and finally the fact that this "highrise" maximum will reach probably 60-65 m. with a slim elegant design, unlike the 90 meters hevy commieblock we saw at the first proposal.
slim is the last thing I would call it. For the same reason I wouldn't exactly call it a good highrise design, I don't really consider it a highrise at all although I do realize it easily satisfies the criteria applied here. But the main thing is that it is a good design and I don't think a taller, slim tower would have worked at all with the intended use, I would imagine these lab environments call for larger floor plans than say a residential tower or offices.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I also think, it has a good chance. If anyone can pull this off, it must be a high prestige goverment project. Besides we have a sound tradition for tall hospitalbuildings, and this one can hopefully fit in to that category.

·
Mod nye projekter
9,553 Posts
Was there ever a 'first proposal'? I only remember seeing a volume sketch?
Maybe it wasn't really a serious proposal, but a sketch that I recall have seen for not long time ago, a heavy 90 meter high bloch that as soon it was brought in the newspapers caused negative critics from the locals.

But anyway in the daily Berlingske the spokeman for "Nørrebro Lokaludvalg" says he is relatively positive with the building, which is not so tall as he feared, and he's very fond of the idea that the whole area will be opened up, and paths for pedestrians and bikes will be settled, so I don't think we'll have any problems from that front.

@ Ramblersen, another good initiative with this thread.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hate to be a bitch, but a mod should change the title to:

COPENHAGEN | New Panum | 60+ m | 16 fl | Pro

;)
I know. I realized just after creating the thread and have already asked Swede to fix it. If you want to be a reluctant bitch you will have to try harder than to make relevant observations.

About the building, I agree with Hafnia that the volume study they published earlier looked really intimidating. I can't help wondering if they did that on purpose so that sceptics should be relieved when seeing the final winner and feal that they got off easy. But that is probably reading too much into it.

Another great feature about the project is that the roof will be open to the public and have a café etc. Will be a great spot.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Wow, Foster's project is a mess... The fact that they din't even assign the project to a senior partner, I think, says it all. However, Perrault's proposal is very interesting IMO.

·
Timelord victorious
2,681 Posts

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^^
Sounds reasonable to me. It is not really that tall and if would make sense to keep the projects in question together since they are both geographically and functionally related. But I am happy either way.

·
2,819 Posts
While we're somewhat on the topic (well not really), shouldn't we make a subforum for Copenhagen (like Oslo and Stockholm)? Even though the activity isn't what it used to be - it's a real mess to look at -> our section could use some structure.

Just my opinion.

·
Member #109
2,716 Posts
^^ If you guys think it would work better, then I have no problem with a Copenhagen section like Oslo and Stockholm has now. I discussed it a bit with Christian when the others were made, but I didn't really think there would be enough activity to justify a entire section to Copenhagen. However, I agree that it's a bit messy as it is right now, so if you guys think it would work, fine with me.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't see an overwhealming need but still think it would be a change for the better with a Copenhagen subforum.

·
Mod nye projekter
9,553 Posts

·
Construction Time Again
1,275 Posts
^^ Cool! Some refurbishment of the old facades would be nice to.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.