SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Just wanted to let you know to check out today's Advertiser. There's a full page advertisement about the development with some previously unseen renders.

Nothing spectacular, but it still looks good.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I just checked at my local deli, there's no 'tisers left :( Is it possible for you to scan the image, or am I gonna have to walk 20 minutes in the opposite direction and check if they have any copies? :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hope you didn't go for that walk mate, I'll scan them in tomorrow.

The more I look at them, the more I like them.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yes I did actually, and quite frankly, I want my dollar back :). One sketch... gawd.

Still, it gives a feel for the orientation of 2 of the towers. I like how the pier sticks out from between them.

·
Weather Observer
79 Posts
I'm glad this has got the go ahead, sick of hearing whinging complaints from these anti-development knobs. Should put the Port back on the map and do the state some good :D

·
Registered
10,662 Posts
OMG i hate these little Anti-Highrise people in South australia! It is about time portadelaide was actually fixed ! I would hav liked an aquarium. even an underwater viewing area to see the aledged dolphins! ok thats my 2 centz worth! byyee PS - UP THE POWER!

·
Registered
633 Posts
There has been a DA to construct a Display Centre over the Port River for this Development.

Apparently pre-sales are set to commence in about April/May 2005.

Revised concept plans can now be seen on the LMC's website - >click me

Very exciting development.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I went around the area of the new development today and there isn't much happening on it yet, for that matter, nothing. The existing sheds and industry is yet to be demolished. You'd hope they'd at least begin in the next couple of months.

The area around the rail lines between Glanville and Ethelton really needs work and the stations need to be upgraded. The new development is going to back onto these rail lines, so it would look out of place if nothing is done. The platforms are pretty run-down and there are only a couple of pissy little shelters and enunciators. The proposed 12 level buildings are going to be very close to Glanville Station if they do go ahead.

How Ethelton currently looks: http://davec1.bravehost.com/CIMG1230.JPG

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I agree - its quite an inspiring scheme when you see it laid out like this.
(I have to be a bit cagey on how I've come across the pic ;) )

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
For those who are completely disorientated:
The view of the model is from Glanville facing east across the Port River. The bridge is view is Birkenhead Bridge. Semaphore Road is the main road heading top to bottom on the left side of the image. The Causeway is the main road running left to right on the bottom of the image. The rail line to Outer Harbour is directly adjacent to The Causeway, and seems to go underground into a new Glanville station, which is the building bottom left. Centre of Port Adelaide is across the river.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nice one! This has similarities to Darling Harbour. All we need now is some nice cafes and restaurants on the banks and it'll be awesome.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
god please don't compare this to Darling Harbour, that place is a tacy shit heap if you ask me! but i can understand your reasons for seeing a 'slight' similarity. Port Adelaide will be much more classier than sydney's darling harbour...thats for sure! (my 2 cents)

21 - 40 of 173 Posts