SkyscraperCity banner

121 - 140 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
And what do you suppose redevelopments like Southcott are about?

There are still quite a few small industries left around the CBD, I suppose that makes the CBD "filth" as well?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
AG said:
Still is take Take into account that Adelaide's CBD was once largely filled with industries many years ago.
Yep, and ive heard Norwood used to be one of the poorest areas in Adelaide, now its one of the richest suburbs in Adelaide

·
Where am I?
487 Posts
I thought that I should share this image with you. I received another information pack from Urban Construct today about Newport Quays and the Port redevelopment. Everything was basically what we knew already but they had a 'sneak preview' on the back page of the release of stage 3 which "due to market demand, Newport Quays is releasing stage 3 this year."
So this is an image of one of the proposed buildings in stage 3 which looks like it is around the 12 storey mark and built over the water. Hard to tell from this simple render but it sort of looks like it has design cues from Wave. Doesn't say how many other buildings are in Stage 3 but if this is anything to go by, it should be promising.

Sorry about the image quality guys.

·
Crazy young doge man
2,697 Posts
I thought that I should share this image with you. I received another information pack from Urban Construct today about Newport Quays and the Port redevelopment. Everything was basically what we knew already but they had a 'sneak preview' on the back page of the release of stage 3 which "due to market demand, Newport Quays is releasing stage 3 this year."
So this is an image of one of the proposed buildings in stage 3 which looks like it is around the 12 storey mark and built over the water. Hard to tell from this simple render but it sort of looks like it has design cues from Wave. Doesn't say how many other buildings are in Stage 3 but if this is anything to go by, it should be promising.

They havent even built stage 2, or even finished stage 1 yet!!! and there putting stage 3 on sale!!! talk about demand!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
They also may be doing this now before the flood of re-sales hit the market from stages 1 & 2 - especially from people who can't settle when they are finished [ala Glenelg]!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Will there still be poorer areas of Pt Adelaide once this is finished? I mean it is in parts a place that has low wealth residential... will that eventually go once the upgrade is done?

·
Crazy young doge man
2,697 Posts
Will there still be poorer areas of Pt Adelaide once this is finished? I mean it is in parts a place that has low wealth residential... will that eventually go once the upgrade is done?
Actually Port Adelaide (and surrounding areas) is begining to get a bit of a "great divide" feel to it if you know what i mean because there is alot of the suburbs are becoming upmarket and there are still some that are prodomitly housing trust.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Interesting how a lot of Adelaideans think the Port Adelaide is only a poor area. Yeah, Rosewater, Ottoway, Taperoo and Osborne and quite working class, but the rest of the LeFevre Peninsula is a just a rip off for housing. Semaphore and neighbours is so expensive its unbelievable. And Alberton with its old villas is quite expensive, yet simply because of my football team, everyone thinks its a no-go poor suburb. There are quite a lot of high income earners that already live in the Port area, just look at nice housing along The Esplanade from Semaphore to North Haven.

·
6,309 Posts
Photospam from yesterday!

Stage two is well and truly under way. It might be a bit hard to see from these photos, but there's two large foundations down, both with two cores each and a tower crane base. Looks like there'll be a couple more cranes on the skline!

The northern part of Stage 1 is now open, with some of the town houses already occupied! There were estate agents scurrying around like mad being followed by groups of prospective buyers.

The town-houses on left have water frontage. Many were occupied.

The prison-bar car-parks on the ground floor of the apartment blocks really ruined the area, in my opinion. The ground floor was very under-utilised.

A new walkway down to Ethelton Station. Looking at the development from Causeway Rd, the dilapidated state of the railway station ruins the look of the whole development.

Weird board-walk thing.

Rennie Rd.

This weird piece of landscaping features one of the most annoying zig-zag paths ever built.

Water frontage.

Looking from the bridge

·
perthistan
6,382 Posts

That is cool. Is that a man made lake or the ocean it steps out onto?

121 - 140 of 173 Posts