Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
work just started on this, well its not really a city but its still good the bahraini sports.

Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa Sports City

Owner: Bahrain Ministry of Works and Housing

Budget: Estimated $24 million

Scope of work: The project in Isa Town calls for the design and construction of a main gate, a 3,580-seat stadium, a multi-purpose sports hall with capacity for 2,500 spectators, tennis courts accommodating 70 spectators, an indoor 50-m-wide eight-lane Olympic swimming pool for 300 people, a smaller eight-lane 25-m-wide pool for 176 people and car parking facilities for 730 cars.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Work begins on BD9m Shaikh Khalifa Sports City

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Bahrain Tribune

Work on the BD9 million Shaikh Khalifa Sports City has begun.
The company which is responsible for the designs is the same that designed the Bahrain International Circuit.
The Assistant Undersecretary of Construction and Maintenance Projects at the Ministry of Works and Housing, Mohammed Al Mubarak, said the two-year project had started on April 22 and was expected to complete in 2007.
“The project comprises the main gate, an amphitheatre for 3,550 spectators, a multi-purpose sports hall for 300 and tennis courts for 70,” Al Mubarak said.
The project will also include eight-track Olympic swimming pool 50 meters long and a room for 176 spectators and another eight-track pool with sunshade for 167 people.
The city will have offices for the Bahrain Swimming Federation, parking facility for 730 cars and a number of outlets.

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Nice, so we have 2 Khalifa Sports City in the Gulf ;)

Bahrain does need more sporting facilities; nice job!

·
Registered
701 Posts
B-Patriot said:
How many seats does the current National Stadium have?

about 35,000 so this is relatively small although there seems to be space in the other 3 sides of the layoutplan....tho i dunno whetehr the capacity count is inclusive of those.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Someone called persian voted for all the circuits but not for Bahrain.......strange!

Maybe Pish-REZ-pash could convince him to vote for us.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Good to see that old swimming pool demolished. That tent was well what can I say, damn ugly.

I think it's a good project for Isa Town, redevelop that area. I'd have to say, nice view. In a few years, this should look even better.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
where in Isa Town is this???? I'm trying to figure it out from the pic, but I stil dont know...
Do you know where Isa Town mall is, with the 2 mosques next to it. This is the Isa Town stadium that is next to it. The swimming pool was facing the roundabout.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts