SkyscraperCity Forum banner
21 - 40 of 215 Posts

·
forumer #29
4,992 Posts
First I want to tell that everyone has their right to their opinions, but I can't understand this agression from some forumers, it makes me feel I don't want to post anything at all on this forum. :( All wrong info can be corrected afterwards so I don't think there is any need to be hysterical.
Wise words! The name is easily changed and if the info is wrong in the first post, that is easily changed too. Quit it with the hate-fest. It's stupid and uncivilized.
IMO this project does warrant a thread of its own and the "Pro" tag. Picking up on new proposals early and following to their completion/death is the point of this forum. It may be just a concept in a prposed new area plan, but that still a proposal!

Guys, I think this is becoming a bit too anal :D
If Nightsky wants to open a thread, then let him do it. And the same goes for Knilaus.
Although Nightsky isn't the most frequent visitor here at N&B, he is a legend to some of us. To anyone who hasn't seen them yet, I can only recommend that you check out Nightsky's renderings at SSP. And Knilaus is also a very valuable and knowledgable ressource here at N&B, so I think it is fine if he opens some threads as well. Cheers to both of them :cheers:
Anyway, this is all OT.
It is, and if it continues I'll get rid of that whole debate. As for Nightsky... You're right. He's been around here for a long time, is a real nice guy and the amount and quality of SSP diagrams he's done does rep us N&Bers nicely.
But, that's all OT as you said. So,

NO MORE OF THE OT

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I still think it could be a slide suddenly allowing all kinds of dreams and hollow ideas and initial master plans in this part of the forum, however, I'll keep my mouth shut for now. I am pretty new to SSC and realize I have to be more reserved... I don't want to be called aggressive, hysterical, stupid, uncivilized and hate focused again just because I (together with Þróndeimr) was addressing an issue to be discussed and agreed upon in order to have a smooth running forum.

·
forumer #29
4,992 Posts
discussing that policy is fine, but that belongs in the Icebar, not here. All the negativity aimed at Nightsky is way not cool tho. So, start a thread on that in the Icebar to talk about the policy :)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
^^I will be happy to address the issue in the Icebar as I really believe it's a theme that should be discussed without fearing be called stupid, anal, negative, aggressive, hysterical and what not. Maybe knilaus overreacted, but he still had a point: Such projects shouldn't be in this part of the forum, but can perfectly be discussed in the General Development area until they might near realization and get their own threads. If we allow such dreams, loose ideas and initial master plans, this part of the forum could turn into a real "dick showoff" area. At least I don't want it to be like that.

If we decide to allow this to be alright, where should the limit go? Should an interesting and well-received student high-rise exam project off an exhibition at the The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, School of Architecture, be allowed in here? Hmm. Perhaps.

Oh, well, I am off to the Icebar. Cheers.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Which forumer post the information and threads should be nothing to discuss (all forumers registered have the same rights in here!), its up to them, i have nothing against who posts it, i just want the best possible info (correct info) and renderings. So i hope i am not the one to bash here, because i respect Nightsky the most. :)

Just so i would say it, don't want to be the one who put more fuel on the fire, and don't understand why this thread turned this way since i though we were discussing wether we would allow to include master-plan projects in here or not.

Please go to this thread to discuss N&B's layout. :)

Anyway, this is a great project, will be interesting to see how it goes with this one! :yes:

·
Illustrator
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks for the kind words, Swede, Boscorelli and Blue Viking and all others. It is good that you are correcting the info, Fabb 5 and knilaus, but since there are no distinct rules of what could be posted or not yet, there couldn't be anything wrong with posting a thread about a project that has a chance to get built, don't you agree?
I have not exactly been spamming the forum with inaccurate threads? ;) I have been to these forums for many years, but never been unkind to anyone so I hope we can keep the forums as good as they have always been.

As I know that most members don't want inaccurate info, I have been searching for info in the Copenhagen thread, but haven't realized it was the same project, it means the news were already old when it appeared in Danish and Swedish media.
And it is not only Swedish media that is wrong about the project, I read almost the same info on Danish text TV some days ago. It was something like "UN wants to build 140m tall skyscraper in Copenhagen". Nevermind.

@Blue Viking: I might do a drawing in the future:), but I think I want to wait until it is approved and the final design is revealed.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I am sorry guys, but where exactly was I unkind? I was trying to seriously discuss the matter on including master plans or not, and then suddenly words came flying from ONE side of the arena; stupid, anal, negative, aggressive, hysterical and hate-festing. Hate-festing?!? Please control your wordings.

And I don't recall any discussion on "which forumer post the information and threads". That has not been and should not be a part of this at all.

I will refrain from further comments, but I hope we can discuss this more peacefully and seriously elsewhere. I honestly believe it is a problem sticking to a diffuse premiss like "posting a thread about a project that has a chance to get built" for this part of the forum.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Great job with the first post Nightsky, that is how we want it too look like! :eek:kay:

@ Boscorelli, people had nothing against Nightsky, its a misunderstanding, thats all. Problem was that the first cersion of the post didn't include any renderings, and some incorrect information (+ it was about the master plan, not the single tower). People wanted to change that, and said so. Nightsky have done great, and have posted the best possible renderings with a good resolution. Way to go! :cheers:

·
Illustrator
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I am sorry guys, but where exactly was I unkind? I was trying to seriously discuss the matter on including master plans or not, and then suddenly words came flying from ONE side of the arena; stupid, anal, negative, aggressive, hysterical and hate-festing. Hate-festing?!? Please control your wordings.

And I don't recall any discussion on "which forumer post the information and threads". That has not been and should not be a part of this at all.

I will refrain from further comments, but I hope we can discuss this more peacefully and seriously elsewhere. I honestly believe it is a problem sticking to a diffuse premiss like "posting a thread about a project that has a chance to get built" for this part of the forum.
I haven't said you are unkind, I said that I have never been unkind and what I meant with that is that when I want to tell that something is wrong in a thread I (almost) always try to do it in a polite way. It really sounded like you and some forumers were angry just because some info was wrong, but I realize that everyone have their own ways to express themselves so I think everything is fine now.

And yes, the issue about what could be posted or not should be discussed and may be there also could be a poll about it or something. I think it is important that we make clear what projects could be posted or not.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
It looks rather gallant. But to be honest I dont know to much about Copenhagen or what else is in that location. Im sure it could be incorporated in a good way.

With that being said; how much is it projected to cost. And how does one get to the facilities, i see no infrastructure in the plans.

Except for the spectacular pedestrian bridge.

I think that this project faces quite some challenges if it is to actually be realized, and it will probably be revised both one and two times before that is possible. It just doesnt seem practically doable.

But again I have little knowledge about microgeographical Copenhagen, ehm, make that none.

P.S. A big praise for them being ambitious though.

·
forumer #29
4,992 Posts
Closing this one, until such time as there are specific proposals. Go to this thread in the mean time.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
And the other proposals for the LM Project competition.

C. F. Møller Architects/Foreign Office Architects:

3XN Architects:

heneghan.peng.architects:

Arkitema Architects:

BRT Architekten:

-------
I really, really find heneghan.peng.architects' proposal beautiful! Watch out for these guys in the future.

21 - 40 of 215 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.