SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 544 Posts

·
smooth operator
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thread no. 2 of what is probably the longest project on Skyscrapercity, this thing will still be going in 10-15 years

what is (olderfleet)

current - now for the interesting bit

and whats coming mid year - ericsson hq, mosaic & merchant st/lend lease hq > more cranes

end result

·
Registered
524 Posts

That looks absolutely bloody stunning. I think it's good to have mid to high rise in that area so that it doesn't spoil the view of the CBD High rise area from the Bolte Bridge.

But if that render is anything to go on, Melbourne is going to look very, very swish in a decade or so.

·
Professional amateur
1,411 Posts
I think you'll find the end product will look nothing like that... it is more supposed to be a representation of the scale of developments forthcoming for the precinct. Designs, building sizes, sites, etc will change multiple times throughout the next 15 years as it is developed.

Stu

·
Registered
89,922 Posts
good to see dock5 corebox removed. real quick finisher.
if there was such thing as internet and forums back in 1984, that was the start of Darling bloody harbour. 22 years later, its finally getting finished with completion of the Zoo this year.

·
Proud "Pricktorian"
1,240 Posts
CULWULLA said:
good to see dock5 corebox removed. real quick finisher.
if there was such thing as internet and forums back in 1984, that was the start of Darling bloody harbour. 22 years later, its finally getting finished with completion of the Zoo this year.
Which Zoo they putting there?

·
Registered
89,922 Posts

·
Proud "Pricktorian"
1,240 Posts
tayser said:
who cares? go ask in the NSW forum.
I care, thats why I posted it.

Thanks culwulla.

·
Proud "Pricktorian"
1,240 Posts
I have always wondered why they have done that "staggered" effect with the purple glass, is it meant to be "artistic" (no, not the mental condition), I personally think that the glass would have looked way better inline, not complaining here either, it looks stunning as it is, just doesn't make sense why it was done?

1 - 20 of 544 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.