SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Kool Kat
12,521 Posts
#PROJECT: WESTERN CITY (Dubai Land)

Al Suwaidani Group launches Western City in Dubailand

Dubailand has announced the signing of an agreement with Al Suwaidani group to implement the Western City project, which extends over 7 million square foot on the Dubai - Al Ain highway.

The project will include hotels, villas, farms, zoo, theatre, rodeo show grounds, stables, shops, restaurants, a horse riding training centre and car parks.

The agreement for the project was signed by Salem bin Dasmal, CEO of Dubailand and Sheikh Abdullah bin Ali Al Suwaidani, Director of the Board of Al Suwaidani group.

Mr. Abdullah Al Suwaidani confirmed that the Western City project has been planned and designed to create a unique experience for the visitors and establish a centre, which is first of its kind in the region, for horse-riding and various rodeo shows. The group drew a comprehensive work plan for the project which concentrated on new tourist areas that are in line with the international standing of Dubai.

Al Suwaidani said that the Western City was designed using state-of-the-art technology combined with historical elements to create a country environment for tourists by including farms, cowboy shows, and sound and light shows.

The Board of Directors of the group added, 'The project consists of hotels based on the Western City theme, which will include four and five star hotels and hotel apartments to receive tourists and visitors. In addition to that, there will be a residential compound for whoever feels like spending quality time in old-style western country style villas, constructed using wood finish and traditional colors and surroundings. The villas are surrounded by market and restaurants that will service the visitors. Besides the project will include a fully equipped theatre, cowboy shows, and a horse-riding training centre.'

Al Suwaidani group includes Four Lines Media Company which owns the Al Safr Al Araby channel at Dubai Media City, Four Lines Tourist Company in Dubai and Riyadh, Abdullah bin Ali Al Suwaidani investment and property development compnay in Riyadh, Jeddah, and Al Qaseem, The Tripartite Network in Al Riyadh, and the International for Gulf Development in USA.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Great, a project designed purely to attract the ******* population of the American Deep South to Dubai. What about a Gun City? :sleepy:

·
Back in Blighty
3,187 Posts
Copycat project no. 473 - "Texas"....great.... :sleepy:

Does anyone know of any city somewhere in the world with some unique culture or buildings that they love and cherish? Only Sheikh Mohammed's been on the phone..he's looking for ideas to steal.... Please. I said i'd help out. Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Back in Blighty
3,187 Posts
Too late, its already done.^^

That is why I am so vehemenently against these types of projects, Falcon City, Bawadi...etc. They insult the very people they intend to attract. I am very seriously suspecting psychological or mental problems in the "Dubai camp" now because of these announcements.

·
Back in Blighty
3,187 Posts
dubaiflo said:
not too bad, good idea. stuff Dubailand needs.

Yes. Just what Dubai needs..more projects oozing bad taste. How about a "concentration camp" theme park in Dubailand, where kids get to practice with gas chambers and the latest in electrode torture methods? We could call one wing Al-Austwitz and the other wing Al-Gurair Dubaistyle?

I'm sorry but I have to illustrate the sick side to imitation and mockery, in order to demonstrate what an insult these projects can be.

Think. If suddenly, Walt Disney Inc..decided to build a new resort in Florida called Mosque City, where kids get to run around and act like little Imams..how pissed off would the Muslim world be?

2 wrongs don't make a right. Why the bloody hell does Dubai (and Sh. Mo) feel this desperate, almost obssessive, need to imitate the West??? Has he become so blinded by the "Wonderful West"?? Didn't the Arabs once have a great history, that he could have used as inspiration?

·
Kool Kat
12,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Arent they supposed to have a Heritage Village or something of that sort? I agree with Naz, Dubailand's main theme should be of arabic culture and history if Dubai wants to develop its own identity. How about the Arabian Nights or something along those lines? There is a lot of scope, if only investors were brave enuff to put their money into it.

·
Dubai State of Mind
8,592 Posts
Naz UK said:
How about a "concentration camp" theme park in Dubailand, where kids get to practice with gas chambers and the latest in electrode torture methods?
That already exists in the US, its called Alcatraz.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts