SkyscraperCity banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
23,969 Posts
Is IGA now considered as a boutique 24 hour supermarket? :confused:
Why wouldn't it be?

The term boutique doesn't always mean fancy. An IGA could fit into definition 2 or 3:

1. a small shop or a small specialty department within a larger store, especially one that sells fashionable clothes and accessories or a special selection of other merchandise.
2. any small, exclusive business offering customized service:Our advertising is handled by a new Madison Avenue boutique.
3. Informal. a small business, department, etc., specializing in one aspect of a larger industry:eek:ne of Wall Street's leading research boutiques.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Looks like a much needed project. I wonder if the market will be a Coles due to having a proposed Woolies just down the road at Albion Station? The artist's impression suggests that a new new two lane cycle way along Sandgate road in front of the development, will be included.
Where did you hear about a Woolies at Albion Exchange? It would makes sense for the area.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The old AMF ten pin bowling center at Kedron has a DA in to turn it into a medical center.
They'll keep the main squarish part of the building, but will demolish the bits at the front and back.

If you've ever wanted to own one really big bowling pin then I think your chance will come up shortly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Work started on the Everton Park Link Road a few months ago and it's progressing well.
I took a few photos yesterday.

Looking north-east from South Pine Road:

And looking south from Stafford Road:

I assume they're going to leave enough room for the Trouts Road motorway to link into the Everton Park to Toowong tunnel. Not that I expect those projects to get up anytime soon.

·
QUEENSLANDER!!!
2,542 Posts
^^ haha highly unlikely. TMR are building the bypass road. BCC are running the business case for the motorway - even though its TMR's corridor and TMR never asked them to. Metro MkII

·
Registered
17 Posts
Development of the old Holy Cross Laundry site at Wooloowin seems to set to go ahead (again).

This time around it's called Greville Terraces, but the plans and name have changed since 2016 when it was called Bexley at Wooloowin. A friend of mine was considering buying into Bexley, but he wasn't impressed with the odd internal layout of the townhouses. Stage one Greville has new internal layouts.

Current:

From 2016:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
A friend of mine was considering buying into Bexley, but he wasn't impressed with the odd internal layout of the townhouses. Stage one Greville has new internal layouts.
I also had a bit of a look at the Bexley townhouses - my problem with them was that they were VERY expensive.
The location and everything is great, but in terms of finishes, it didn't make sense to me.

I had a look at the plans you attached. The layouts look okay - not great, but not bad. The downstairs of them looks very small.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Couriermail--->Brookfield Residential Properties has receives approval for $141m tower at Portside Wharf

A leading developer will launch the next stage of its $1.3bn community later this year with a 19-level resort-style apartment tower earmarked for the precinct’s last available absolute riverfront site.

Brookfield Residential Properties has received development approval for the $141m tower at its Portside Wharf community at Hamilton in Brisbane’s eastern suburbs, after receiving development approval from Economic Development Queensland.

The tower will be the ninth developed at Portside by Brookfield, which has already delivered over 850 luxury riverside apartments in the dining and shopping precinct.

The 150-apartment tower will have 50m of absolute Brisbane riverfront and will be the last of its kind in Northshore Hamilton, with all future riverfront developments required to have a greater setback from the river.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
^^It is on a 2829sq m site, neighbouring Brookfield’s most recent residential projects — Gallery House One and Two — which have more than $238 million in sales since launch.

·
23,969 Posts
Did you know we have a Hamilton Northshore thread?

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Did you know we have a Hamilton Northshore thread?
Yeah I know but this site is not really Hamilton Northshore but Portside. There is Portside thread from over a d decade ago as well but didn't take off. Having projects outside the inner core in Brisbane North, Eas,t West and South just makes it's easier..

61 - 74 of 74 Posts