SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1186 Posts

·
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd start a thread on Cairns projects - I don't follow Cairns too closely but I do flip through the Cairns Post when I get time. Fell free to add any news you come across. Some of the bigger highrise apartments going up:

Mantova (uc?)
http://mantova.emanueleprojects.com.au

Pier Monde (approved)

Jack & Newell (uc)

Madison on Abbott (completed)

For other developments check out http://www.twhedley.com.au/
The Hedley Group is the most prolific developer in Cairns (and brings some nice projects to Townsville as well). The website above has heaps of pics of their other past and present developments.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
was in Cairns last week, there are a few projects going up around the city probably 8-10 levels, with a few billboards around for projects what look up to 15 levels. so its not going off like gold coast but there is stuff happening. and with all the tourists coming through, im sure development will be strong. its great that its not booming to much because you don't get hounded by property people like on the gold coast

·
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Courier Mail on Friday (p43) reports that Harbour Lights Apartments will begin soon. It will be 12 storeys with 193 apartments. Preliminary construction works will begin on September 13. It's next to the the redeveloped Trinity Inlet waterfront called Cityport. I'll keep a look out for renders so it can go on Emporis. If someone (Cairnsinite?) has some already please post.

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
To tell you the truth Oriolus. It's a Hedley city up there (Mainly to the fact it is the base of Hedley pty ltd). The Harbour Lights one is a Honeycombes development and they were awarded the contract earlier this year. There has been a couple of interesting developments going on up there and some have been completed. On the esplanade, There's a 13 storey development that had just finished called Trinity and on Lake street, there is a 10 storey development called mantova going on there. There has also been word of a 20 storey mixed use development not far from the piermonde development.

·
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gertzy - do you mean Trilogy? Are all the buildings completed?
Here's a render. The right building at 13 storeys needs to be added to Emporis if anyone has time.

This is from http://www.trilogyontheesplanade.com.au/

Amazing photo but the building with a box around it isn't Trilogy is it? - was it demolished to make way for Trilogy. I'm confused.

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Not yet, It's just the First stage or the building on the right. The Developers (Thakral) have bought the All Seasons hotel and are going to demolish that to build the next to buildings

·
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Big News - Cairns Newest Highrise is Complete

Its seems the 14s/47m Jack & Newell Apartments are finished. Whats more its been finished since January! I think they must be both residential and holiday apartments. This is the only picture of the finished product I can find.

Anyway time to update Emporis.
This gives Cairns 6 completed buildings over 12 storeys on Emporis.
I've also read something that implies that 17s/50m Pier Monde is now UC - it said completion was due mid 2005.

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
I was up in Cairns too for the Holidays and Piermonde looks to be at 9 levels so far UC. Harbours Lights also started this week too.

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Emanuele - Property spending.

Found this on the Emanuelue Site while looking for Mantova.

Crn. Spence & Sheridan St - 3,500 SQ.M

Located in the heart of the CBD
Zoned Main Business and Shopping
Opposite Cairns' new multilevel Court building and Police Station
Concept plans for 111 apartments over 15 levels
Opportunity for a component of commercial and retail use
Suitable for apartments, short let accommodation or a hotel

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Emanuelue - More Projects.

Stuff Hedley. These guys are trying to build Highrises everywhere. Look at this

Former Library Site - 5,088 m2
123-125 Lake St through to 124 Grafton St, Cairns CBD

D.A (Council) Approved
145 Suites / 189 Keys (315 beds)
Located in the CBD of Cairns
Frontages to Lake (60m) and Grafton (40m) Street
Allows for a maximum height of 16 stories
Proposed twin tower building comprising
Comprises a mixture of Twin Key, 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Bed Apartments
900 m2 Retail / Commercial area's (Ground Floor)
Suit 3, 4, or 5 star Hotel or Backpacker Accommodation
Joint Ventures Considered

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
I should next time look at the project site first, then find all the info because I also found this.

Grafton St > 1,518 sq.m

Located in the Cairns CBD
50m from the G.P.O and 150m from the Cairns Convention Centre and
Business and Government Office precinct
Concept plans for a 42 apartment building over 14 levels
Suitable for a botique hotel, short-let accommodation or permanent residences
Possibility for commercial / retail uses

·
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice work Gertzy - so a 14, a 15 and a 16 storey developments approved. Lets hope they get up - more updates of Emporis required.

Cairns Skyscrapers (12s+)

7 completed
Cairns Corporate Tower
Cairns International Hotel
Jack & Newell
Matson Resort South
Matson Resort North
Cairns Aquarius
Trilogy 1

2 under construction
Pier Monde
Harbour Lights

3 approved
3 Emanuele projects mentioned above

·
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Harbour Lights looks really good - not as many wierd colours or shapes like other Honeycombes projects.

1 - 20 of 1186 Posts