Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a pure unadulterated copy of this thread in the liverpool forum;
http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=209981

I certainly am not the best person to do this as I don't live in manchester and havn't even got a camera!
Nevertheless, I will post 2 or 3 of the latest construction photo's of each project (over 12 stories in this single thread) at that time, and credit each owner.
If a mod (CAW) wants to do re-do this thread, then it would probably be better and should be stickified.

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
It would be best if caw did a closed thread like that other one he did and just update it every now and again. Anyway i'll post some pics in here later am off OT so i'll get some Manc and Salford skyline shots and someothers from Chester Road.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I don't think this is a good idea.

Firstly it's going to help send my photobucket account bandwith through the roof meaning none of the images hosted there will show up. Maybe others too if they post too many images per month. I've already used 47% of the allowed bandwith so far this month!

Also, we have a thread index with gives quick links to any project thread containing these photos anyway. I don't see the point to be honest.

·
Like 'Berg'
6,806 Posts
I noticed that the Liverpool gallery doesn't yet actually do photographs, in my opinion it is just an easy method of boosting post numbers to look like more the member, as CAW says, he compiled the threads for easy access to projects which already show progression, this would make it harder and take yages to upload if we end up with tonnes of photos for every development.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No. It gives people an easy to see, consolidated overview of construction in the city.
Many of the above images have been multiple posted anyway.
Also it was not my intention to leave them all up. They would be replaced by the latest views, with no more than three images of each project. I thought it was a good idea when I saw the incomplete Liverpool version. I mean, I'd have to trawl through countless pages in the liverpool forum to find that information as an outsider.

However, it is the owners of the photo's who should have the final say and anyone not wishing to have their pics reposted here will not have them reposted. You can let me know by means of posting in this thread.

One more thing; it would be best to keep this thread to one or two pages so as not to defeat the point of the thread.

·
Mmm, Danone
2,043 Posts
No offence like, but isn't it easier to just post construction pics in the relevant threads? Caw does a good job of gathering the latest construction pic for any update needed so I don't really see the point in this.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ferge said:
I noticed that the Liverpool gallery doesn't yet actually do photographs, in my opinion it is just an easy method of boosting post numbers to look like more the member, as CAW says, he compiled the threads for easy access to projects which already show progression, this would make it harder and take yages to upload if we end up with tonnes of photos for every development.

Yeah because thats just what I want. I might quit my job and see if I can hit the elusive 1million post mark. That is bound to impress the ladies. :sleepy:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pedantic? Get your dictionary out. That was dry sarcasm.

You suggested that I was trying to impress by making pointless posts. You have to give me some of your tips on how to make friends and influence people. You must be the envy of lower 6th form.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts