·
Registered
73,233 Posts
soon to be Blacktowns tallest
6storey GATEWAY

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm a bit surprised by that. I thought West point would have been taller. Westpoint office tower has to be at least 8 stories wouldn't it, four stories on top of the Plaza.

I think Blacktown is way overdue for some high-rise.

·
Registered
73,233 Posts
^ oh didnt know of that one? maybe gateway will be tallest resi? have you a pic of westpoint?
whats this bldg? its on council website

·
Registered
73,233 Posts
i want to know when bldgs like this one will start>
Lycross Tower -60m/19st/ 83 units

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hey Cul,

I have a better picture I'll post later, but here is Westpoint Tower behind some other stuff. I know it has level 8 at least.

And these buildings look to be 6 stories too.

Lycoss Tower looks nice. I'm suprised they haven't started building to ty in with the open of the M7. It seems like there will be some business parks along the M7 so perhaps that will trigger a construction boom in Blacktown, Liverpool, the Hills and Campbelltown.

This is from Greater Wester Sydney website.
http://www.gws.org.au/cgi-bin/local_government.pl?form_type=showitem&documentid=990825000

Title: Blacktown CBD Redevelopment

LGA: Blacktown

New Housing Lots: 200

Job Outcomes: NA

Total Project Value: $330m

Completion Date: 2006

Category: Commercial - Residential

The Blacktown CBD will be revitalised over coming years with a series of new residential, commercial and administrative projects to be undertaken. The Blacktown City Centre Urban Design Master Plan, adopted by Blacktown City Council in December 2001 makes provision for the revitalisation of public space management throughout the Blacktown CBD plus development controls for key sites. The objective is to continue building a vibrant city. This includes the $250 million plan to double the size of the Blacktown Westpoint Shopping Centre and a $40 million development north of Blacktown railway station that will include two towers of 25 and nine storeys featuring a mixture of 200 apartments and a mixture of retail and commercial space.

·
Registered
73,233 Posts
thanks yeah 6 storeys is approx 22m which is a popular hieght across alot of burbs.
the westpoint does look about 30m.
cheers

·
Registered
366 Posts
I dug up some more pics of Westpoint tower.

From the roof of the Plaza

From Blacktown Station

30m sounds about right.

·
Registered
162 Posts
lennyr said:
Alright, here are some pics. I wish I did some photography at uni, it is an addictive past time.

This is from a roof towards the south, can't remember the complex. It was a stand alone parking centre.

Sorry I don't have more of a description. These show the Westpoint, the silver building near the station, some residential buildings I think I've seen the render for, and the RTA/glass building near the Blacktown Workers Club(?)
lennyr great work. I work in B'town now so I can tell you a little bit about these building.

Photo 1 shows the extention to the Blacktown Workers Club...yeah I know it looks like a office building. It apparently houses the Gym and a revolving restaurant believe it or not!

Photo 2 show the council cahmbers.

Photo 3 shows the RTA building, it is 4 levels.

Its a shame that B'town does not have any high-rise buildings. It is not taking advantage of being situated on a ridge...the views would be spectacular.

A good thing about B'town is parking is for free!

·
Registered
73,233 Posts
Blacktowns $400mil redevlopment

all i can say is about time.

·
#pantherpride
1,560 Posts
I've just had a flick through the 2025 plan - they don't actually have maps, just an objective to investigate options on to how to maximise Council land with partnerships from the private sector... I imagine this is where this comes into play.

It's definitely a step in the right direction - it will re-vitalise Main Street, and better use the land wedged between there and the railway, which at the moment is predominantly car parking, for the railway and CBD.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Having been to Blacktown a few times over the years I've all ways felt that it lacks a civic space like a square or a government precinct with a large public space attached, and no that horrid mall dose not count.

The place gets a bad name but only through neglect at all levels of government. This is a growing and strategic area and should be treated as such, and you know what has one of the best little fishing tackle stores going! ~ or did.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

·
Modulator
1,208 Posts
Where's our 30 storey towers that we have been hearing about for the past 7 years???
Yeah! That all looks to have fallen by the wayside. IIRC, these towers were more for residential development rather than for commercial purposes.

Either way, this proposal for additional office space/mixed use development is an encouraging sign for Blacktown. As James mentioned before, Blacktown is ideally situated where the Western and Richmond Lines converge, and commercial development in Blacktown shouldn't detract from Penrith's growth which is underpinned by it's role as a key regional city (as defined by DoP). I agree with roofromoz in that both Penrith & Blacktown have large enough catchments to sustain growth in all sectors without detracting from one another.

·
Registered
73,233 Posts
new 8storey for seven hills
The proposed development consists of 13 shops on ground floor, 2 floors of office space, approximately 3600sqm and 2 towers of 40 units consisting of 2 and 3 bedrooms with 156 car spaces.

·
#pantherpride
1,560 Posts
new 8storey for seven hills
The proposed development consists of 13 shops on ground floor, 2 floors of office space, approximately 3600sqm and 2 towers of 40 units consisting of 2 and 3 bedrooms with 156 car spaces.

Whereabouts in Sevo is that going to be?

21 - 40 of 386 Posts